- 2 x HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ DVI, HDMI, Dual DP
- Overclocked to 1150MHz GPU Clock / 1575 MHz Memory Clock, +20% Power using CCC. Issue also occurs when no overclocking is applied.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Current Version: 13.8
- Previous Version: 13.4
- GPU2 is constantly at 99% load (both in games and at idle). GPU1 varies normally between 1% and 60% depending on load.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- QX2710 (27" 1440p monitor). Dual-link DVI.
- Samsung 1080p LED 24". HDMI.
Applications and Games
- All applications and games, system idle.
- Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6GHz
- Overclocked to 4.75GHz (125 BCLK * 38 multiplier).
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4)
- 256GB Samsung Pro-Series SSD (boot drive)
- 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD (Media & Storage)
- Custom watercooling items (pump, reservoir, 360mm rad, 240mm rad, 2 x heatkiller 79X0 GPU block, heatkiller cpu block).
- None. The issue seems pretty straightforward. After installing the beta 13.8 drivers for increased crossfire support, GPU2 is reading as always at 99% load. I've read from others who have the same issue with the new drivers so I don't think it's an issue with the monitoring. Just wondering if there are any fixes, or if I would be better off rolling back to 13.4.