Topic Title: App Crashes in Windows 8 When AMD Radeon Driver is the Culprit
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/13/2013 10:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2013 06:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
deedub
Peon

It may well be a Lenovo issue - I don't know. At this stage we're trying to get as much info as possible to throw at Lenovo as they are ones who need to fix this.I've tried refreshes and two system restores (requested by Lenovo) with no effect.It was interesting to read about the morphological filtering issue which other AMD users have experienced but I'm not sure if that is the issue with us Lenovo users. It looks like it might not be the culprit after all.
 09/19/2013 03:45 AM

Author Icon
stm70
Peon

Hi MarcIf you were able to get the registry details from the driver development team how come you can't pass on the details of this very reproducible crash with the driver version, dll module and code location in the dll that consistently causes this crash?Thanks
 10/04/2013 03:26 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I did not get the information directly from the driver development team.  Using the Issue Report Form is the right way.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/04/2013 04:22 PM

Author Icon
stm70
Peon

Hi MarcWhich software engineers were you refering to then when you got the registry information in terms of disabling morphlogical filtering?"I was able to uncover the following from one of our software engineers."What's extremely frustrating is that neither Lenovo or AMD seem really willing to take the detailed crash information which is very reproducible for the particular driver version in question and even acknowledge what the problem is. All Lenovo can say is that they are waiting for a driver update from AMD for a driver that is already 12 months old and can't give any timeframe for the updated driver and can't even confirm that detailed crash report has been forwarded to AMD!AMD don't seem open to taking our crash reports either. You mention using the issue reporting form but then mention yourself that the form is closed for the current driver! Do you mean AMD's latest/current general driver, remember we're way behind stuck with a driver that is 12 months old!And the mobility issue reporting form you linked to at the moment didn't even have the HD7650A listed as an option since I guess it's designed for all-in-one PCs and not laptops.And you're saying as "AMD Customer Care" you can't forward our crash report to the driver development team?So where does that leave us???? 
Statistics
84965 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.