Topic Title: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/17/2013 08:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/17/2013 08:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Wagnard
Peon

Hi guys.

Today I'm presenting a Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers.(NVIDIA/AMD)

Whats it does is removing the Display driver from device manager and removing the current and all precedent driver from the Windows Driver store along with removing services from NVIDIA/AMD.

The current effect after you use this tool will be similar as if Windows was in a "Fresh Install" state.

This tool act similar to what Driver sweeper do + the extra mentioned above.

If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fix thoses problems.

RECOMMENDED USAGE :

- I personally recommend that you disconnect the internet while doing this because sometimes after the uninstall, windows update may be re-installing a driver on its own without authorization...

-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for abolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.

- I would like to gather feedback from you guys. Tell me if it was success or not. 

make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).

-For people with driver problem, if this tool gave you any success into fixing some issues your are currently experiencing, please share your result.

Keep note that NVIDIA/AMD did not have anything to do with this, I do not work at or for NVIDIA/AMD and they should not be held responsible for anything that may go wrong with this application.

NOTE: .NET framework 3.5 Required.

Windows XP up to 8.1 is supported  X86/X64  (not sure for WinXP x64)

DOWNLOAD :

Download V5.1 HERE

Earlier version here

Google Code

Release 5.0 !
Changelog
-Remove also Hidden drivers !! This will help clean further the Driver store. (less fail to remove oemxx.inf)
-Fixed other potential Null exception Crash

Release 4.3.3

Changelog

-Fixed a lot of Potential Null exception Crash with the RegCleanUP

-Included a .config file that is needed for the application to choose the correct .net version

4.3 Released

Changes

-OEMxxx.inf should be detected more accurately now.

4.2 Released

Changes:

-If .NET 3.x is not detected, .NET 4.x will be use . (in other term 3.5 is not "REQUIRED" anymore)

-Auto detection of the GPU and select automatically the appropriate option in DDU AMD/ NVIDIA

4.1 Released

Changes:

-Log is now enabled by default. It can still be changed

-Resolve a possible hang when cleaning c:\nvidia or c:\amd. This bug would also have prevented the system from restarting.

Edited: 08/18/2013 at 01:51 PM by Wagnard
 08/17/2013 11:16 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You say it does the same thing that driver sweeper does + some extra. Did you examine driver sweeper? Did you find the specific thing it removes when it breaks the system and causes the infamous "missing inf file" error?

If so, is your application programmed to avoid that mistake? Also, could you share this little information, so people having the issue can fix their PC without reinstalling the OS?

How about the also infamous "install package failure", which can also be caused by driver sweeper, if it corrupts the windows installer database? Do you know how to fix/avoid that?

Thanks.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

08/17/2013 05:44 PM

Author Icon
Wagnard
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee You say it does the same thing that driver sweeper does + some extra. Did you examine driver sweeper? Did you find the specific thing it removes when it breaks the system and causes the infamous "missing inf file" error?

If so, is your application programmed to avoid that mistake? Also, could you share this little information, so people having the issue can fix their PC without reinstalling the OS?

How about the also infamous "install package failure", which can also be caused by driver sweeper, if it corrupts the windows installer database? Do you know how to fix/avoid that?

Yes and it does not do have the inf bug.  You can also check my thread on guru3d forum for more info. There are a lot of user who tested and had success with it 

Link

For the package install failure I know how to fix this. We'll if it's the problem that say something like. Path cannot be found, when manually installing drivers. 

EDIT: I will not updated the thread here anymore so follow the updated on guru3d for more releases.

Edited: 08/19/2013 at 02:19 PM by Wagnard
Statistics
86515 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.