Topic Title: No Texture Quality/Resolution Option in CCC? Why? With some other malfunctions as well.
Topic Summary: There is no texture quality or resolution option in CCC. And I have some weird graphic error messages)
Created On: 08/20/2013 03:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/20/2013 03:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

I am in need of desperate help here.

I just recieved my laptop back from ServiceNet Warranty.

It was factory restored when I got it with some of their software. The Graphics driver was really out of date. I needed an updated one so I can connect it to my TV.

I updated it to the latest one (13.4). But for some reason, there was no option to change the Texture Qaulity/Resolution in CCC. I always had this option before. I am not sure why it is gone? I need this option badly. Because I cannot get high resoultion textures when I play certain games. 

When I just played SC2, there was literally no difference between Medium Texture Resolution and Ultra Texture Resolution. The difference used to be HUGE. 

Why is that option gone?

I used 8GB of RAM before, but I put in my stock 4GB of RAM when I sent it to the warranty. And I am using the 4GB as of right now. Could that be a problem? I used the 8GB and 4GB with no problem in the past. 

It is also giving me some "MLoader" errors. I never heard of that before in my life.  Could that be a problem?

CCC was also acting funny. It says "No Settings could be loaded" and CCC does not load up.

I am doing another factory restore right now just to get rid of any stuff the warranty guys put on there. 

I used driver 13.4. I also tried driver 11.2 (an older one that worked well for me in the past). Same problem.

Please let me know.

My computer.

ASUS N61JQ

Windows 7 64 bit

ATI 5730 1GB

4GB of RAM

-------------------------
 08/20/2013 04:04 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

You need to use the driver updates from ASUS not from the AMD download. Laptops are a special that way.

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

08/20/2013 04:56 PM

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr You need to use the driver updates from ASUS not from the AMD download. Laptops are a special that way.

I used the ATI drivers for years with no problem though. They are better.

SC2 never suggust that I need to update my drivers. And I get better drivers for when I connect to an external display (HDMI drivers, more options, AUDIO Drivers, etc.). I dont get that kind of stuff with the regular ASUS driver that have not been updated since 2010. 

Maybe it has just been a while and my memory is messed up.

Do you or anyone have a "Texture Quality/Resolution" option in your CCC, which you can set to high performance, optimal performance, standard, quality, high qaulity (i think those were the settings).

08/20/2013 05:38 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Yes under Gaming, Texture Filtering, Texture Filtering Quality. I have Standard, High Quality, and High Performance.

That is with 13.4, 13.6 and 13.8 Beta CCC.

I just know that for my laptops I use the older drivers from the manufacture websites versus AMD downloads which I use on my desktop.

But if you have not had a problem in the past maybe you need to drop back to the older downloads. There is a link at the bottom of the current download page.

Let me know what happens.

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

08/20/2013 10:38 PM

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr Yes under Gaming, Texture Filtering, Texture Filtering Quality. I have Standard, High Quality, and High Performance.

That is with 13.4, 13.6 and 13.8 Beta CCC.

I just know that for my laptops I use the older drivers from the manufacture websites versus AMD downloads which I use on my desktop.

But if you have not had a problem in the past maybe you need to drop back to the older downloads. There is a link at the bottom of the current download page.

Let me know what happens.

I only have these options:

- Smoothvision HD Anti-Aliasing

- Smoothvision HD Anisotropic Filtering

- Catalyst A.I.

- Mipmap Detail Level

- Wait for vertical sync

- Anti-Aliasing Mode

- Triple Buffering

You think I am missing anything?

I just factory restored my computer, so I am using the basic drivers from day 1.

I also checked my brother's computer's CCC, and he has the same settings as me, and his CCC is more up to date. He uses a ATI HD 4670 desktop though. I have a 5730 HD (newer) on a laptop with Windows 7.

I always remembered there being a texture option.

What could possibily remove that option? Even after driver restores and resets it is not there. Could my warranty people have done something wrong?

EDIT: You think I should try updating the graphics card driver through Windows Device Manager? Instead of ASUS or the ATI/AMD website?

Edited: 08/21/2013 at 01:07 AM by Shpati
 08/21/2013 07:26 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You "installed" a package that doesn't support your system. It means that it skipped incompatible stuff and installed compatible ones. You probably have old driver + new CCC combo or vice versa.

Remove all AMD software and install clean the latest what works for you.

Note: Never update drivers through the device manager (except for manual install, when you know what you're doing), windows update or steam.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

08/22/2013 12:55 AM

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee You "installed" a package that doesn't support your system. It means that it skipped incompatible stuff and installed compatible ones. You probably have old driver + new CCC combo or vice versa.

Remove all AMD software and install clean the latest what works for you.

Note: Never update drivers through the device manager (except for manual install, when you know what you're doing), windows update or steam.

I already reformatted my entire computer. Option not there. Then I updated latest driver from ASUS official website. Option not there. Then I went with the ATI driver (11.10), a driver which I had the best experience with so far.

My 3D mark scores now are the same it was before I sent it in for warranty.

I think my memory might be blurred or something. I run games fine and all of that.

Statistics
88822 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.