Topic Title: Problems with AMD Display Driver / Catalyst Control Center
Topic Summary: Intermittent problems detecting my digital display
Created On: 08/21/2013 07:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2013 07:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
danielefc
Peon

Hi,

Had problems with this now for about 8 months now, at first I thought it was just a fault on my monitor but it looks like it down to how AMD drivers are detecting it.

Basically, I have to turn my monitor off/on numerous times before AMD recognises and initiates the display device driver, it doesn't show me the desktop until it has detected the digital display - tried replacing the power cable and the DVI cable and was considering now buying a new monitor but..

As a last throw of the dice, I uninstalled AMD drivers to try out the new beta drivers.. but before installing the new driver I tested powering my monitor on/off with windows drivers.. and my monitor powers up straight away no problem.

So I'm wondering if this is some kind of rare issue which only happens when using my particular GPU and monitor?

24" SAMSUNG B2430L
HD6870

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this I'd really appreciate it, already lost a few hairs trying to figure this out!

08/21/2013 09:38 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try, and/or confirm you have already tried:

• work through this Sticky to reinstall drivers
  • make sure Windows Updates are fully done (do not install hardware drivers through Windows Updates)
  • update motherboard BIOS
The community may have more suggestions for you, but I would post up additional information about the specifications of your system.
;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/21/2013 11:00 AM

Author Icon
danielefc
Peon

Thanks Mark but I had just reinstalled my drivers last night this problem still persists, windows already fully updated and my bios is on the latest version.

Here's my specs:

CPU: i5-2500k
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
M/B: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 Intel Z68
GPU: MSI HD6870
RAM: 16gb Corsair
PSU: 650W CM EXTREME GX

Statistics
85426 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.