Topic Title: Help Managing 3d application settings for HL2 and the many games that use the engine
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/06/2013 06:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/06/2013 06:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Megalo
Peon

There are several games in my steam library that use the hl2.exe application name and I simply want to save seperate application settings for each one. Right now I have one for CS:S and I'm being asked to overwrite it for Minerva. Mind you these application files are in different directories.

09/06/2013 06:57 PM

Author Icon
Megalo
Peon

Nevermind.

While I had thought the CCC was going to overwrite the profile I had created for CS:S it did not. It created a whole seperate profile for Minerva even though the applications were the same name.

Anyway, what's the best combination for the Filter, Anti-Aliasing Method, and Morphological Filtering settings? 

09/07/2013 06:30 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

The source engine has all AA and AF settings available inside the games, so I don't think it's necessary to create a profile for them. Just use the in-game options The only exception is Vampire Bloodlines, which doesn't have these settings (not even using the console or switches), so a profile is a must have.

Morphological AA is useful for games that do not support regular AA at all. E.g. games that use deferred rendering, some PoP games etc. I wouldn't use it on games that support regular AA as it makes font corruption and the image becomes a bit blurry as well.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84892 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.