Graphics Adapter: 2x Sapphire HD 7770 (both have already been replaced to rule out hardware error. I also already used different PCI-E slots, to rule out problems with the Mainboard, and actually also changed the mainboard by now... The issues stay consistent though...)
Driver Version: 184.108.40.206
OS: Windows 8 64 Bit, all public patches installed
Board/Power Supply: The machine is a Fujitsu Celsius M720P workstation. Don't know what they are building into this.
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2600 8 Core + HT
Memory: 16 GB
I have multiple issues with the system right now. The two most common ones are:
1) After the monitors come back from sleep (System is set to switch off monitors after 30 minutes, the OS itself never goes to sleep of Hibernate, it is always on.) only the primary monitor comes back up, the others stay with "No Signal". (It doesn't matter which screen is set primary, it's consistently the primary that reappears.) In the "Screen Resolution" control Panel applet only one screen is visible at that time, although in Device Manager both graphics cards and all four screens appear and are reported working normally. Hitting the "Detect" button in the "Screen Resolution" applet leads in 95% of cases to the other screens reappearing. In the remaining 5% of cases the system will BSOD at that point.
2) Sometimes after the screens come back from sleep the primary screen (again: doesn't matter which one it is, it's consistently the primary...) will show only artefacts. (2x2 mm pixels. The underlying picture is recognizable, but only if you know what to expect. It looks as if those were shuffled...) When moving the mouse over the screen it will "flip" from Artefact to normal view every few moments. Opening the "Screen Resolution" applet and hitting "Detect" will (again) in 95% of cases fix the issue. In the remainng 5% of cases it will (again) send the machine into a BSOD.
I have not tried other versions of the driver yet, only uninstalled and reinstalled the version I have here. (There is no newer one available yet, even though this one is already 6 months old...)
Just to have mentioned that: There is no overclocking in the system, neither on the board nor on the GPUs. There is no interlink between the GPUs ("Crossfire" I think the term would be...) and nothing else in the system worth mentioning. (Besides the GPUs and the RAID controller everything else is onboard...)
And to have said that again too: I have already replaced the system board and both graphics cards. I also have already reinstalled the OS from scratch twice, the problems stay consistent. I also tested running the box on only one grahics adapter. This seems to stabilize it a little bit, (right now I have at least two problems a day, with one card I had about one occurence every 3 days) but it still behaves the same way and still leads to recurring BSODs.I also tested the system with two nVidia based cards and had no issues there. (Other than the cards being f****** loud, which is why I pulled them out in the first place.)
Last thing I tested was running FurMark on the system for a prolonged time. All cards are stable, even when hammered for 2+ hours. Temperature also stays in the green in this time, so this also doesn't seem to be a thermal problem...
I can provide you with a memory dump of the box if this helps. I kept the last one, just in case.
Final sentence: I hope this posting gets in with correct formating... The last post I did ended up not having line breaks in it, which was weird, because on my screen it looked pretty ok before...
Edit: Had to reformat this in FireFox. Everytime I post via Internet Explorer the result is unformatted. FireFox seems to work better...
I would appreciate your help on this.