Topic Title: Severe problem with AMD Radeon HD 7570 Graphics drivers, Windows 8 64-bit
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/07/2013 09:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2013 09:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
snarkjazzo
Peon

When I got my new Dell XPS 8500 desktop, I plugged in my HDMI and I turned on my computer and monitor. I noticed that the screen did not fit to the actual screen size (0.5in black border). I thought that was fine. I also noticed I did not have Catalyst Control Center installed, which was odd. So I went to download the latest drivers for my version (I had the 8.981.0.0 version driver). At first I used the autodetect tool, and it had detected that I had the Radeon HD 7570, but it could not for the life of it detect my operating system (Windows 8 64-bit). So I went ahead and downloaded the appropriate driver for my device (not the beta). I attempted to install, and I noticed an issue. When I was about to install, all it had was the HDMI Audio Driver (version 8), along with the AMD CIM. I was very confused as to why it wouldn't install. Later, I came upon a topic about using safe mode to delete a key in C:\Windows\assembly called "90ba9c70f846762e". I didn't have that key. After that, I used an IOBit product, Driver Booster, to update my driver. That turned out to be a fiasco. I installed the right driver version, but now we were still at 1920x1080, but this time it was very zoomed in. I then realized it was a much deeper problem. Not only did Catalyst Control Center refuse to install, but the drivers refused to update. I still have said 0.5in black border around my monitor screen, and I am very confused as to what to do next. Thanks!

09/08/2013 12:38 AM

Author Icon
bondonin
Peon

Its odd that your screen is displaying in letterboxed mode.

Uninstalling the catalyst driver and the CAP (if its there) using the normal uninstall method through the control panel and running the catalyst setup file (version 13.4 is the latest) is the recommended procedure. Not uninstalling first might work but it causes bloat in the backup files stored by windows.

There is also an AMD uninstall utility, which is useful for rolling back to an older version or to clean up errant files left lying around.

09/08/2013 12:57 AM

Author Icon
snarkjazzo
Peon

When I attempted to uninstall, it simply gave me 2 things to uninstall: HDMI Audio Driver and the Catalyst Install Manager. Maybe it doesn't recognize that I have a graphics card driver?

09/08/2013 09:35 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Uninstall them both, then remove the display driver from the device manager. After you're back to stock drivers (or VGA), try 13.10 beta. Make sure you don't use express install and check the list what it tries to install.

If anything is missing, try the so-called workaround install, which can be found using google. Probably the search results will show this method for different issues, but ignore that and try it. Your list should then be OK.

If not, come back here with some screenshots about the problem.

About the letterboxed/zoomed view: It's a curse of HDMI. When you have CCC properly installed, you'll have overscan settings in there which you can use to eliminate that. Usually you have to set it to 0%.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

09/08/2013 12:14 PM

Author Icon
snarkjazzo
Peon

I uninstalled everything, and I was back to stock drivers, and I used the beta drivers... but it still won't work. Now, when I use AMD CIM, it gives me the error:

"Current Version not Installed: AMD CIM installation package"

Here's a screenshot of the install manager.

Mind you... this is after I uninstalled everything. Should I restart after I uninstall the display driver?

If this doesn't work, I think I might just downgrade to Win7. I really don't like Win8 anyway. 

09/08/2013 12:33 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

That's not an error message, just shows that it will install, not upgrade that component. Of course it's not installed if you just uninstalled it.

I'm thinking that you may have an OEM (Dell) card, and that's why no components show up. You should try obtaining drivers from the Dell website.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

09/08/2013 01:21 PM

Author Icon
snarkjazzo
Peon

Hah! Thanks for the quick answer. Turns out Dell put that driver on my computer wrong. Thanks for the quick answer!

Statistics
88929 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.