Topic Title: how to Check ATI driver installation logs for installation error(s) information?
Topic Summary: will it contain the installation log from the failed installation after using a restore point?
Created On: 09/23/2013 12:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2013 12:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

How can I check my ATI driver installation/update log??

I had a failed installation of 13.9 (failed installation and no backlight after startup) and I wanted to check to see if the logs had any information of the problem.

Also, I had to use a restore point after the failed installation, so do you think the ATI logs will still have information on the failed installation.

-------------------------
 09/23/2013 01:36 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

1. Complett uninstall.

2. Install OEM drivers from the laptop/OEM card manufacturer.

Logs won't help here.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

09/23/2013 01:42 PM

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee 1. Complett uninstall.

Logs won't help here.

I'm just trying to see the errors it is giving me.

Like I said before, if I use the OEM drivers, World of WarCraft flickers black. I spoke to the Blizzard technications and they said I had to get my drivers from the ATI site. 

09/23/2013 01:52 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: Shpati

Logs won't help here.

Like I said before, if I use the OEM drivers, World of WarCraft flickers black. I spoke to the Blizzard technications and they said I had to get my drivers from the ATI site. 

That certainly doesn't help, as you managed to see. Contact the support department of the OEM, and ask for updated drivers.

I'd also check drivers from similar but newer laptops. Who knows, maybe you'll find something that works, even if unofficially.

You may as well report your issue, but it won't help in the near future. You'll have to find a workaround.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

09/23/2013 02:15 PM

Author Icon
Shpati
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee
Originally posted by: Shpati

Logs won't help here.

That certainly doesn't help, as you managed to see. Contact the support department of the OEM, and ask for updated drivers.

I'd also check drivers from similar but newer laptops. Who knows, maybe you'll find something that works, even if unofficially.

You may as well report your issue, but it won't help in the near future. You'll have to find a workaround.

It can help me actually, since I got my laptop back from warranty and they said the repaired the logical board. So if I can check the logs, I can see if the error was software related (like Net Framework error or something else) or hardware (repair parts not entirely capable with my GPU) related. 

So if there is a way to check the logs, it will be greatly apperciated. 

Several users of this laptop have tried contacting ASUS for updated drivers, inluding me, but nothing... I spoke to ASUS a while ago and they told me to use the ATI ones and people here on ATI tell me to use the ASUS ones, lol. 

I have always had great experience with the ATI ones, which is why I prefer them. I don't get them for the performance improvments, as it does not really improve performance. I get them for the better HDMI support, newer options, and interface.

The OEM ASUS ones will not allow me to use things like MSI Afterburner. Or it will not let me do certain settings, like changing contrast, brightness, color hues on my monitor. 

Statistics
85428 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.