Topic Title: 13.9 HDTV detection and custom resolution problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/26/2013 02:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/26/2013 02:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JRNL
Peon

Hello, I just updated to 13.9 from 13.1 and i'm having some issues.

I have a monitor (via DVI-I) and an HDTV (via HDMI) in use as an extended desktop with the monitor as main desktop.

Since I updated to 13.9 I can't add a custom resolution for my HDTV anymore but I "can" add a custom resolution for my monitor.

It seems like somehow ccc sees my monitor as HDTV and my HDTV as monitor, since the monitor has both basic and HDTV resolution options in "desktop properties", but the HDTV has only standard resolutions.  

When I go to "My Digital Flat Panels\HDTV Support" it tells me:

"to create a custom HDTV format, first apply a 720p or 1080i standard format.."

and in the box above that it says:

"selecting a format adds it to the Force button menu in the displays manager"   

Those instructions are a little vague to me.. 

where is this "force button menu" and what do they mean with the displays manager? the windows one, or does it mean "desktop management" in ccc?

In HDTV Support the "Predefined and Custom HDTV Formats" part is completely grayed out what am I supposed to do?    

please help me I need to get a custom resolution for my HDTV just like I had in 13.1, because the current resolution is too big (videos are partly outside the screen edges)  

Graphics card:  MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5 V2

Monitor: Samsung SA350

HDTV: Samsung UE32B6000

Windows 7 x64

Edited: 09/26/2013 at 04:13 PM by JRNL
 09/26/2013 04:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JRNL
Peon

Alright I'm now doing it a different way.

I'm simply using "scaling options" under "my digital flat panels".

It works but it still seems strange to me that I can't make a custom resolution anymore for my HDTV like I used to, while I can make one for my monitor..

And I do think the instructions in ccc could be much improved.

After some googling I believe the "displays manager" is actually from a much older version of ccc and that whole tab doesn't exist anymore.. so why would it even mention it in the instructions

Edited: 09/26/2013 at 05:07 PM by JRNL
Statistics
84697 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.