Topic Title: Why does a DOS screen appear on pc startup everytime I update my radeon card?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2013 04:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2013 04:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
easywolf32
Peon

Why does a DOS screen appear on pc startup everytime I update my radeon card? It's pretty annoying and this has happened many times on maybe 3 pc's during my lifetime...Your support is pretty outdated too compared to Nvidia's site, I hate support sites where you have to check all the faq's to waste your time. GOod cards, crappy updating and supporo
 10/04/2013 04:47 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Without the detailed info that the user forum requested in Sticky Read Before Posting I couldn't say. Please read the Sticky, edit your post and post it again.

thanks

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

10/04/2013 04:55 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: easywolf32 I hate support sites where you have to check all the faq's to waste your time.

I hate people who can't read and can't distinguish a community forum from a support site...

If you need help, at least waste your time and post some information. From what we know now you're a f****** pirate and the "DOS screen" you see is the DAZ loader failing for some reason. Gotcha.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

10/04/2013 06:54 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

GOod cards, crappy updating and supporo

I love it when people complain, especially about things which aren't problems, and don't even take five seconds to spellcheck their posts.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 10/04/2013 08:12 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

He's just talking about the console window that pops up to run something or another.  It's not DOS, of course, and it's not a problem in any way.

10/06/2013 02:38 AM

Author Icon
drayzen
Peon

He's not talking crap, and he's not a pirate...

I'm seeing the same thing with recent drivers (W7 x64), what he means to say is there is a console window left open by the installer after rebooting.

easywolf32, just close the window and forget about it. I expect it's probably just a cleanup routine and they forgot to set the window to close itself when finished.
Sure, it shouldn't happen, just like CrossfireX should make my game faster not slower (Hitman Absolution).

I'm really starting to have my doubts about the Catalyst dev team when I see things like this.
With all of the beta releases it's not a good look, and how are they going to handle integrating audio in with the new Rx series?
For the first time in a long time I'm actually considering switching back to Nvidia...

10/07/2013 11:45 AM

Author Icon
easywolf32
Peon

Thanks to the guys who looked past my misspells and forgave me for not looking at the stupid stickys that no one who doesnt know about them would in the first place.....Next, when I go for support on the Nvidia i dont have to create an account, etc, etc and now read stickies too on top of it, like my whole life and time revolve around AMD.Ever since 2003 or I dont know when, whenever or most of the time, I update a ADM ATI card I always get a dos window that opens and closes on it's own as soon as my pc starts.This has happened on 3 different pc's using 3 different operating systems.What is this crap? 
 10/07/2013 01:25 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

1)  It's not DOS.

2)  Using a console window to run a command or series of commands is entirely acceptable.

3)  It's not even staying open, so what are you complaining about?

10/07/2013 02:34 PM

Author Icon
easywolf32
Peon

What am I complaining about?Does NVidia do that to your screen when you update the driver? No, so why should AMD?Anyways, I will remember this crappy support and crappy issues with AMD and make sure to avoid them in the future, bunch of wankers.
 10/09/2013 06:40 AM

Author Icon
easywolf32
Peon

Originally posted by: Thanny 1)  It's not DOS.

2)  Using a console window to run a command or series of commands is entirely acceptable.

3)  It's not even staying open, so what are you complaining about?

10/09/2013 06:46 AM

Author Icon
easywolf32
Peon

Ok so how do I fix this problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and it's still popping out once I start my laptop. I cant believe AMD hasnt fixed this. It's been happening for the last 10-12 years. WHy would anyone want to see a console window open and close on the startup of their pc,,,,,boggles the fkin mind you know.
 10/09/2013 11:17 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: easywolf32 Thanks to the guys who looked past my misspells and forgave me for not looking at the stupid stickys that no one who doesnt know about them would in the first place.....Next, when I go for support on the Nvidia i dont have to create an account, etc, etc and now read stickies too on top of it, like my whole life and time revolve around AMD.Ever since 2003 or I dont know when, whenever or most of the time, I update a ADM ATI card I always get a dos window that opens and closes on it's own as soon as my pc starts.This has happened on 3 different pc's using 3 different operating systems.What is this crap? 

I am rather confused by your posts, easywolf32.

1) You mention the Sticky Threads that no one looks at, because no one knows about them.  The Stickied Threads are stickied to the top of the categories so they are as visible as possible.  No one is expecting you to know about a sticky until you read it/see it, but by making it "a sticky" it is hoped they are made as visible as possible.  A general rule of thumb to any forum is to quickly review Sticky Threads at the top of the respective category you're in to see if they may answer your question.

2) You state the problem you are having is that an MS-DOS Command Prompt Window opens and closes each time the system boots.  As explained to you already, this is NOT a problem.  Suggesting that this should not be the case because with nVidia products it does not occur is rather a silly arugment, and I certainly hope I need not explain that further.

If I have mistaken your problem, please let me (and those in this thread) know.  Otherwise, I see no need for this thread to continue any further.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/09/2013 11:48 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: easywolf32 Ok so how do I fix this problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and it's still popping out once I start my laptop. I cant believe AMD hasnt fixed this. It's been happening for the last 10-12 years. WHy would anyone want to see a console window open and close on the startup of their pc,,,,,boggles the fkin mind you know.

1. This is not support, this is a forum. So yes, you have to register and have to read stickies and there are rules. If you've been using a computer for 10-12 years, you should know about forums and how they work.

2. I know that CCleaner did not exist 10-12 years ago. But there were regcleaner for XP, msconfig and stuff like that. You can even browse HKLM/Software/Microsoft//CurrentVersion/Run manually. Do you really let yourself being annoyed for 12 years just out of lazyness? My mind just explodes. You could have deleted the startup entry that pops up that console (not MS-DOS, lol) window. It's also basic computer knowledge that putting >nil at the end of the command line should make it silent. I'm sure you haven't had time in 12 years to try it...

3. You may as well not install the drag&drop transcoding stuff, which is rumored to do this, and which hasn't existed for 12 years, so you're exaggarating a bit here as well.

4. If you need more info, feel free to ask. However, it's not your "misspells" (called typos in real) that make it hard to communicate with you, but your attitude. Just get off the high horse.

5. You're saying it's a laptop. So why are you here in the first place? Laptops are supported by the OEM, not by AMD.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
85756 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.