Topic Title: Updating Graphics Drivers with a Dell
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/09/2013 10:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/09/2013 10:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rshukis
Peon

Hello,

I have a Dell laptop with Intel HD 4000 graphics and AMD 7730M graphics.  However when I tried to update to the latest drivers from AMD, many issues occured.  I contacted Dell and they said that the drivers on the Dell website for the graphics card are specific to the hardware configuration on Dell laptops so I shouldn't update on the AMD website.  If this is the case, is AMD collaborating with Dell to update their ancient drivers?  The drivers on the Dell website state that they were last updated on 2/21/2013 as the copy/pasted text indicates below.  What can be done about this?

Recommended
2/21/2013

10/09/2013 10:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

This is the standard line that you will here regarding those mobility drivers.

Please be advised that AMD offers a reference driver (as-is, limited support) for Mobility Radeon cards because laptop manufacturers will often optimize the laptop by adjusting certain capabilities or specifications of a graphics card to make sure that the entire laptop is running efficiently. As such, our reference drivers may not be compatible with your system. You may see software issues or driver instability issues when using our graphics driver for you laptop.

I would suggest that you goto your laptop manufacture website and download the latest graphics driver from Dell.  There driver is specifically modified for your laptop make and model. 

So you need to bug Dell or give Leshcat site a view. I don't have a laptop, but my friends get there drivers from the site. This instead of waiting on Dell/HP/ or any other vendor to update driver suite.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
84690 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.