Topic Title: Driver and CCC slowdown
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/11/2013 09:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/11/2013 09:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KiloWolf
Peon

Hi, I just just my first amd GPU a R7770 by XFX and till just this morning didn't have internet. I installed the drivers using the disk in compatability mode or whatever because it would not run right on windows 8. but I got it to install the drivers. I was running the vision engine control center and everything was working fine. then I started getting that it could not open cause it had nothing to controle so I went to the website to get the new drivers thinking that would fix it. but the drivers forced me to install catalyst control center to install the drivers. and it did fix the problem. but now all of my games and everything that uses the card lags to heck and back. I am running a AMD A6 3620 with built in HD 6530D Graphics. I added a XFX AMD R7770 and i'm running 8 gigs of ram. The CCC says i'm running the newest drivers so I have no idea how to fix it.

-------------------------
~Life it too short not to frag!~ Kilo
 10/12/2013 02:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Well I would suggest you follow the instructions I will provide. You are now only using the CPU portion of your APU because your onboard graphics are disabled. I do believe there are several models of the R7770, not sure which one you have but that doesn't concern me.

Here we go 1st use the un-install instructions, 2nd use DDU (Display Driver Un-installer) and then 3rd install instructions. I would download 13.9 CCC package to install. The un-install and install are found in How to Forum written up by stumped. The DDU will remove any left over software, registery or directories that are still left out there on your system.

Un-Install/Install :

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Display Driver Uninstaller :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0CqLU9SU7_0Q0ZHUDFvdW5XeVE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
85502 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.