Topic Title: CCC won't install - windows 8
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/14/2013 10:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2013 10:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Iain.m
Peon

Brand new installation of Windows 8 64 Bit & CCC refuses to install. Seems to be failing somewhere around trying to install C++ 2012 (X86) (Install package failure)The driver seems to istall, but not the CCC which I need to overscan my screen to get rid of the 1-2cm black border all the way around the image (what's that about in the first place??)GFX card is a Radeon HD 6670All i've seen so far is a suggestion to reinstall windows - but given that it was a brand new installation I can't see how that would help. Anyone have any suggestions or is this just bad software? There seems to be a ton of complaints/issues with it
 10/14/2013 10:22 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Sounds like you used driver sweeper or another cleaning utility. This contradicts the clean install theory. Which one is really true?

The proper way:

0. Install Windows.

1. Install all 6 vcredist packages and the latest directx runtime from microsoft.com.

2. Open Windows Update, manually check for updates.

3. Disable/hide the video driver update it offers once and for all.

4. Install everything else and all you need from optional updates.

5. Reboot.

6. Keep doing 4-5 until you have everything and the updates of updates of updates for everything.

7. Reboot.

8. Install chipset drivers and reboot again.

9. Now you can install Catalyst.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

10/14/2013 10:36 AM

Author Icon
Iain.m
Peon

You can wonder all you like but I don't use driver cleaner/sweeper software. I have also read enough about that even on this forum such that if I had used such a thing I wouldn't even have bothered to ask the question.As I said It was a clean install of windows 8 (not an upgrade) & barring putting a printer driver on the thing & connecting it to my network, trying to install CCC was pretty much the first thing I did when I saw that the screen (which is a pretty standard Samsung thing) needed the overscan.Thanks for your suggestions, clearly I was trying to avoid having to repeat the installation but will now try it.
Statistics
84125 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.