Topic Title: Driver Installation Question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/14/2013 06:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2013 06:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Steavis
Peon

I'll openly admit from the start that my knowledge is limited in many respects, so if I am missing any "necessary" information, you'll have to tell me what and how to find it.

My issue is that I cannot for the life of me update my drivers. I have an iMac which I run both the OSX Moutain Lion (kept up to date at all times) and then I also have a 64-bit version of Windows 8 which I load up via Boot Camp (it's a WinMac.) Almost everything works fine but neither side will apply updated drivers for my card, which if I am not mistaken is an AMD HD 6750. 

The FAQ said that OSX updates them automatically when you do a software update and so I ran a software update and updated drivers were not included in the mix. I've also tried downloading the appropriate files from the AMD website while on my Windows side and each time I run the catalyst installer program it will fail to download, and any attempt to "update driver" from the control panel ends with a message about how my card is up to date, though the numbers are smaller than the most recent shown on the website (again, I don't remember these numbers, I just know that mine is smaller than the ones on the site.)

Any ideas?

I apologize for my lack of technical intelligence, it's never been my strong suit by any means.

10/14/2013 06:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Unfortunately macs have OEM cards, regular driver won't work, not even under bootcamp. You'll have to talk to Apple and get your drivers from them.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
88754 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.