Topic Title: Windows 8.1 Black Borders on Monitor (HP p6 desktop)
Topic Summary: Black borders on monitor since upgrading to Windows 8.1 but CCC has no option to rectify it
Created On: 10/21/2013 01:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2013 01:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
crazyhamsterfeet
Peon

My HP Pavilion p6-2387ea desktop has just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now my monitor shows a thick black border around everything (a scaling issue I imagine). Catalyst control centre however has lost all settings apart from Hydravision settings.

I thought I could try to install a new version of CCC from AMD but it simply fails half way through.

Does my computer only allow the HP CCC to be on there? AMD's autodetect program also fails to detect the card (AMD 7570). Is this HP's marvellous setup?

Is there an alternative way to get all my settings back in CCC or am I at the mercy of HP and when they can be bothered to update the driver?

Many thanks for any help

10/21/2013 02:58 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: crazyhamsterfeet Is there an alternative way to get all my settings back in CCC or am I at the mercy of HP and when they can be bothered to update the driver?

Neither as far as we know now. It seems to be caused by the 8.1 update, but MS would never pull it unless it damages hardware. it does not, however, you may need to reinstall/reset to make it work properly again.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

10/21/2013 03:31 PM

Author Icon
crazyhamsterfeet
Peon

I was simply advised to stay on Windows 8. Bit depressing really. Hard when to know when will be the best time to try again.

10/21/2013 03:48 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

The Radeon HD 7570 is an OEM video card which is why the auto detect feature from us is failing to detect. Updated drivers would be provided by your OEM manufacture. In this situation it would be HP. If HP does not have updated drivers for model then you would need to stick with the original operating system that came with your computer when you first purchased it.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
84650 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.