Topic Title: Issues with Integrated Graphics displays on BETA drivers (13.11) Asus 7870
Topic Summary: Issues with Integrated Graphics displays on BETA drivers (13.11) Asus 7870
Created On: 10/25/2013 05:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2013 05:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DrNicT61
Peon

Here is what I have for you, my relevant hardware is as follows:

Intel Core i5-3570K, clocked at 5.13 GHz, with integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics

MSI Z77A-G45

Crossfire (two) Asus Radeon HD 7870 2GB

5 monitors, 3 of which driven by one amd card, 2 of which driven by integrated.

What's going on:

I had Windows 8 installed, and everything was happy. I then performed a clean install of Windows 8.1 the night of it's release. I left the drivers that were included for the HD 4000, and installed the latest stable versions from AMD for my 7870's. Everything still worked fine as of last night with all available updates from Windows installed. To fix a tearing issue in game with my 7870's, I installed the latest beta drivers for them from AMD, and now I am experiencing a problem where my HD 4000 powered displays do not work, and are not detected. Shortly, I am going to uninstall the beta drivers for the 7870's and repeat the special instructions to see if I can restore functionality. 

UPDATE: I merely uninstalled AMD's beta driver, and re-installed the latest stable AMD driver, that's it, everything works again. I don't suppose this means it's now AMD's problem? Or is it incompatibility with Intel's driver as well? Please advise

Statistics
85436 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.