I had 13.9 full package installed and working fine and was able to use CCC no problem. Then out of the blue one day after a month or so it decides to spit out this message "AMD catalyst control center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center". Also it does not show up in the list of installed programs :s
I've tried the following in SafeMode to try and remedy the situation to no avail :
1) Uninstalling CCC software using both CIM and manually with Windows.
2) Deleted all folders pertaining to ATI/AMD in program files, program files (x86) and user sub folders.
3) Deleted remaining software and drivers using both device manager and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
4) Cleaned registry keys using RegCleaner and RegEdit. Then ran a scan + repair using the same software + CCleaner.
5) Deleted leftover driver files from AMD/ATI in C:\Windows\System32\drivers
6) Rebooted in normal mode and reinstalled CCC.
I've also tried reinstalling NetFrameworks (all versions), and Visual C++ Redistributables (all versions). Older versions and the 13.11 beta give the same problem so its not package specific. That public key fix that is often suggested does not apply to me as I never had that key. I'm totally lost and want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I cave in and do a dreaded reinstall. Thanks in advance.
SYSTEM : Radeon 6870 HD, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate ed.
01:43 PM by