Topic Title: Catalyst 13.11 Beta 8 still crashing in FSX. Fatal Error.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/31/2013 12:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/31/2013 12:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

When exiting FSX or going into and out of the menu... Fatal Error. Does not happen with 13.4 Has been hapening since 13.9

Win7 64. FSX SP2 in DX10 mode. 7970 Video card. Intel i7 2600k

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 9.14.10.1001, time stamp: 0x52702506

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00025400

Faulting process id: 0x64c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ced5ee59ba0327

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll

Report Id: 60868bd8-41e2-11e3-8acf-bcaec5cea514

-------------------------

Edited: 10/31/2013 at 12:13 AM by cvearl
 10/31/2013 03:45 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You couldn't find your old thread, could you? No wonder, posting such early in the morning...

I'll put two links here for you so you no longer have to make a new thread on every driver release...

http://www.amd.com/report

http://www.amd.com/betareport

You could have found them in the stickies alread.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

10/31/2013 01:22 PM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee You couldn't find your old thread, could you? No wonder, posting such early in the morning...

I'll put two links here for you so you no longer have to make a new thread on every driver release...

http://www.amd.com/report

http://www.amd.com/betareport

You could have found them in the stickies alread.

And you are who exactly?

I am aware of those links. I have submitted to both several times since the release of 13.9 and I will keep pounding it until I get a response.

I have personally purchased 6 HD79XX series cards in the last 12 months as I build systems for myself and others. I have bought dozens of AMD cards the last few years and I recomend them on key simulator sites and I am here trying to help AMD keep their foot in a niche market that no doubt only accounts for a few thousand cards a year at most. So it's probably not important and I can understand that. They have big fish to fry. I accept that this may never be resolved as FSX is not a title high on the list of important titles to fix for the Catalyst Maker guys.

I will be saddened if the alternative is that I stop putting AMD cards in the builds I do for simulators (and other people I work with) and stop providing support in the Simulator Forums I frequent and I will have to go back to nVidia for these needs.

I'll give this another few weeks.

Charles.

11/01/2013 05:21 AM

Author Icon
addman
Peon

I have the same problem with my Sapphire HD 7790, fatal error in FSX. I've tried all drivers -both beta and whql- after the 7790 "performance" drivers (13.9) and they ALL crash FSX for me. This sucks because I both have Batman Arkham Origins and Rome II which I also want to play with that extra performance boost from the latest beta drivers but I can't. So here I am, stuck with 13.9 because FSX and X-Plane 10 are the games I play the most, sucks to be an AMD owner.

Also, this is a real killer for flightsimmers because there are MANY of us, just look at the amount of third-party add-on developers for FSX and X-Plane and simmers put A LOT of money in to their rigs because of the extremely high demands of flightsims. AMD have to look in to this or even more people will jump ship, including me.

P.S I'm gonna bump this thread until the problems fixed.

11/01/2013 08:47 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: cvearl And you are who exactly?

A community member, as this is a community forum. What did you expect? Santa?

If you "keep pounding" you will find yourself banned by the staff. I wonder how someone who works with computers haven't used the internet before and doesn't know basic forum etiquette.

Let me make it clear: This is a community forum, you only annoy us, users similar to you by posting the same crap over and over again. AMD can be reached through the links I posted and through the "Contact AMD" link on the bottom of each page.

Read this please, you should have when you signed up.

Also it's funny when you people always try to threaten someone with the word nvidia. No one gives a **** if you buy nvidia. Seriosly. As someone who builds computers you should be the first who knows that they have exactly the same quality and same amount of issues. This is why the 2 companies have been competitors for so many years.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

11/01/2013 09:15 AM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee
Originally posted by: cvearl And you are who exactly?

A community member, as this is a community forum. What did you expect? Santa?

If you "keep pounding" you will find yourself banned by the staff. I wonder how someone who works with computers haven't used the internet before and doesn't know basic forum etiquette.

Let me make it clear: This is a community forum, you only annoy us, users similar to you by posting the same crap over and over again. AMD can be reached through the links I posted and through the "Contact AMD" link on the bottom of each page.

Read this please, you should have when you signed up.

Also it's funny when you people always try to threaten someone with the word nvidia. No one gives a **** if you buy nvidia. Seriosly. As someone who builds computers you should be the first who knows that they have exactly the same quality and same amount of issues. This is why the 2 companies have been competitors for so many years.

I can appreciate that you are "one of those guys" around here and you have probably helped others in the past. I myself have thousands of threads on multiple forums so I get it. That said, please just go away. I can look after myself. Thanks for your input. It's been noted.

Charles.

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 09:24 AM by cvearl
 11/01/2013 09:20 AM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: addman I have the same problem with my Sapphire HD 7790, fatal error in FSX. I've tried all drivers -both beta and whql- after the 7790 "performance" drivers (13.9) and they ALL crash FSX for me. This sucks because I both have Batman Arkham Origins and Rome II which I also want to play with that extra performance boost from the latest beta drivers but I can't. So here I am, stuck with 13.9 because FSX and X-Plane 10 are the games I play the most, sucks to be an AMD owner.

Also, this is a real killer for flightsimmers because there are MANY of us, just look at the amount of third-party add-on developers for FSX and X-Plane and simmers put A LOT of money in to their rigs because of the extremely high demands of flightsims. AMD have to look in to this or even more people will jump ship, including me.

The other option for me at this point is go back to using Steve's DX10 fixer. I was one of the BETA testers testing the AMD side of things. Problem is, it's a $35 fix to run DX10 fixer for people that did not buy it. My biggest probelm in FSX DX10 mode is it's prone to texture corruptiion and autogen spikes due to some kind of Vertex problem with AMD cards in FSX's version of DX10 mode requiring slighly lower water and cloud settings. So I can fly DX10 FSX until P3D 2.0 arrives from Lockheed Martin. If hey did the DX11 mod properly, all of these issues are moot. Provided one does not mind saying goodbye to PMDG. I only use the JS41 from them so I would be semi-ok with that. The Educational version will be $50 and 90% of the scenery and aircraft will port for free. Also... P3D is Eyefinity Gold Certified. Only problem for me personally is I might be starting ground school soon and then leagally require me to buy the $200 license? I have to read the EULA again.

I am waiting a few more weeks before I make a decision. I want to test not only P3D 2.0 when it releases but the R9 290X before I give up. 

I am not angry at AMD. I just can't stop using the simulator because the new drivers don't play nice anymore all of a sudden. I would be left with no other choice but to switch up my builds for nVidia so I can continue on with FSX/P3D. I would if I had to but I have to admit. I have a soft spot for AMD. Been using them since the VGA Wonder. First card I ever bought and, while I have used nVidia alot as well, always eventually come home.

C.

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 09:37 AM by cvearl
 11/01/2013 09:27 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

One of my colleagues manages the Issue Reporting Forms.  He was able to reproduce the issue, and get the issue off to the driver team.  He commented on it being the #1 issue by volume from the reports.

A fix is being worked on by the driver team.  They never provide an ETA on fixes, unfortunately.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/01/2013 09:32 AM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD One of my colleagues manages the Issue Reporting Forms.  He was able to reproduce the issue, and get the issue off to the driver team.  He commented on it being the #1 issue by volume from the reports.

A fix is being worked on by the driver team.  They never provide an ETA on fixes, unfortunately.

;Marc

Marc!

I want to thank you for passing that on. This is "people helping people" and it is appreciated! Responses like this are gold.

Thanks for taking the time.

Charles.

11/02/2013 04:29 AM

Author Icon
addman
Peon

Originally posted by: cvearl
Originally posted by: addman I have the same problem with my Sapphire HD 7790, fatal error in FSX. I've tried all drivers -both beta and whql- after the 7790 "performance" drivers (13.9) and they ALL crash FSX for me. This sucks because I both have Batman Arkham Origins and Rome II which I also want to play with that extra performance boost from the latest beta drivers but I can't. So here I am, stuck with 13.9 because FSX and X-Plane 10 are the games I play the most, sucks to be an AMD owner.

The other option for me at this point is go back to using Steve's DX10 fixer. I was one of the BETA testers testing the AMD side of things. Problem is, it's a $35 fix to run DX10 fixer for people that did not buy it. My biggest probelm in FSX DX10 mode is it's prone to texture corruptiion and autogen spikes due to some kind of Vertex problem with AMD cards in FSX's version of DX10 mode requiring slighly lower water and cloud settings. So I can fly DX10 FSX until P3D 2.0 arrives from Lockheed Martin. If hey did the DX11 mod properly, all of these issues are moot. Provided one does not mind saying goodbye to PMDG. I only use the JS41 from them so I would be semi-ok with that. The Educational version will be $50 and 90% of the scenery and aircraft will port for free. Also... P3D is Eyefinity Gold Certified. Only problem for me personally is I might be starting ground school soon and then leagally require me to buy the $200 license? I have to read the EULA again.

I am waiting a few more weeks before I make a decision. I want to test not only P3D 2.0 when it releases but the R9 290X before I give up. 

I am not angry at AMD. I just can't stop using the simulator because the new drivers don't play nice anymore all of a sudden. I would be left with no other choice but to switch up my builds for nVidia so I can continue on with FSX/P3D. I would if I had to but I have to admit. I have a soft spot for AMD. Been using them since the VGA Wonder. First card I ever bought and, while I have used nVidia alot as well, always eventually come home.

C.

I would NOT invest in the "DirectX 10 fixer" for FSX, especially since P3D 2.0 is on the horizon. If it was 5$, maybe. Also I won't buy P3D neither until I see evidence that I scales much better with modern hardware - multi-core CPU's etc- and gives a SIGNIFICANT performance boost over FSX. Because, investing expensive hardware for FSX is like throwing money in a deep, black hole. I'm all X-Plane 10 right now because that thing is actually scaling well with hardware, if you throw a beast graphics card with muchos VRAM on it, a powerful CPU and loads of RAM it will use it. Also, if you've flown a helo in X-Plane, there's no going back.

Yeah, I'm not angry at AMD neither just a bit dissapointed since I play a wide variety of games and expect the drivers to at least work for most of them. Flightsims are my primary source of entertainment though -DCS, FSX and X-Plane- and they all HAVE to work for me basically. I prefer AMD because their fps/dollar ratio is always the best IMO. Happy landings!

11/02/2013 04:31 AM

Author Icon
addman
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD One of my colleagues manages the Issue Reporting Forms.  He was able to reproduce the issue, and get the issue off to the driver team.  He commented on it being the #1 issue by volume from the reports.

;Marc

That's great news! As long as they are aware of the problem I'm happy. Thanks for the constructive reply BTW!

Statistics
86519 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.