- AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
- no overclock
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- AMD Display driver version 184.108.40.20600
- windows® 7 premium family edition 64bit
- version 6.1.7601 Service pack 1 build 7601
- 1. PC working correctly for a long time, except a display crash caused by videos
2. First heavy crash happened when joining a Team Fortress 2 Game (3D game, antialiasing, Vsync) ; screen went green.
3. I forced a PC shutdown, then booted it, chose normal Windows Startup. There were already green artifacts on the screen (picture, picture).
4. Application without 3D worked (LibreOffice, VLC, MineSweeper, web browsers...), but PC crashed immediatly upon any 3D application (Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2...) and Skype voice call.
5. After this crash, when starting Windows normally, PC crash at startup.
6. When launching Windows in safe mode, Windows starts, but green artifacts are visible on display(picture).
7. By uninstalling drivers in safe mode, rebooting PC, and installing drivers back (in normal Windows), we can come back to step 4. after a reboot.
After multiple tries, we once went to a normal Windows without green artifacts (but with some anomalies : strange blue taskbar, strange tilt in menu display in Guild Wars 2 preceding the crash), it then crashed on a 3D application (Guild Wars 2) and went back to step 2
When making a screenshot, there are no visible green artifacts or lines on the image(comparison : picture - screenshot)
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Custom built PC
- Motherboard : GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3855#sp)
- Corsair CX600 600W output (http://www.corsair.com/builder-series-cx600.html)
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Tested with two different screens with same result : - VX2253mh-LED (http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/desktop-monitors/vx2253mhled.htm)
- HP w20 (http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/hp-w20-lcd-monitor/4507-3174_7-35254367.html)
- One "VGA connector" cable and one "DVI dual-link" adapter between the cable and the computer (not the screen)
Applications and Games
- All 3D applications (Guild Wars 2 menu, Build : 25,488 ; Team Fortress 2 game, October 29, 2013 Patch, Minecraft 1.7.2)
- Skype voice calls (Version 220.127.116.11)
- Multi-Core 4 cores : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
- BIOS : award software international, inc. f2, 15/04/2011
- SMBIOS : 2.4
System Memory Type & Amount
- WD Black 1 TB SATA Hard Drives ( WD1002FAEX) (http://www.wdc.com/global/products/specs/?driveID=792&language=1)
- 3 fans
- LG optical disc drive
- Avast check and CCleaner registry check, no result
- Windows startup repair no problem found
Driver uninstallation report
Driver installation report