Topic Title: *Netframe 4.5 issues and CCC
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/03/2013 08:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/03/2013 08:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

I cant get CCC to work under .Netframe 4.5. It crashes to desktop.

Going back to drivers with .netframe 4.0 will work (13.4) uninstalling 4.5 first and then install 4.0 again.

With the 13.11v8beta It says it has problems. "Cant install the package" allthough in the log everything has succeded. CCC has started in windows because i can change settings via the menubar under the windows clock.

I have tried with ccleaner and it did help with the uninstalling process as i could not uninstall the CCC.

Any chance to use an older CCC (.netframe 4.0) with new drivers ?

I have a simular problem with an REX+ updater who also needs 4.5 but it will crash on my system.

Any solution to this behaviour or recommendation ? 

W7-64 bit

HD7970 GHZ Vapor-X Saphire WHQL 13.4 (but will love to upgrade to 13.11 for BF4)

13.4 is only used for my FSX (which has problems in DX10 btw)

Thanks

Michael Moe

11/03/2013 10:34 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

1. Install Windows from a reliable source (retail DVD, SHA-checked iso).

2. Install Windows updates.

3. Install .NET 4.5.

4. Install Windows updates.

5. Install Catalyst.

Alternate solution: Contact Microsoft tech support to get your .NET configuration fixed.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

11/03/2013 11:19 AM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: Michael Moe I cant get CCC to work under .Netframe 4.5. It crashes to desktop.

Going back to drivers with .netframe 4.0 will work (13.4) uninstalling 4.5 first and then install 4.0 again.

With the 13.11v8beta It says it has problems. "Cant install the package" allthough in the log everything has succeded. CCC has started in windows because i can change settings via the menubar under the windows clock.

I have tried with ccleaner and it did help with the uninstalling process as i could not uninstall the CCC.

Any chance to use an older CCC (.netframe 4.0) with new drivers ?

I have a simular problem with an REX+ updater who also needs 4.5 but it will crash on my system.

Any solution to this behaviour or recommendation ? 

W7-64 bit

HD7970 GHZ Vapor-X Saphire WHQL 13.4 (but will love to upgrade to 13.11 for BF4)

13.4 is only used for my FSX (which has problems in DX10 btw)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Fancy meeting you here bro. Until you get .NET squared away, CCC will have major problems.

First thing I would do is a complete removal of AMD driver. *restart afterwards* http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=167211&enterthread=y

Followed by a complete re-install of .NET 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Then a full on reinstall of your favorite driver package complete. CCC should work!

If that fails, try to repair 4.5. This guy works for MS. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2012/09/05/10346800.aspx and his Blog is very usefull for troubleshooting .NET. One of the issues is everything from ATI CCC to FSX add ons like ORBX scenery and some aircraft installs .NET over and over and over and a system can eventually find it's .NET configuration compromised. Then something critical like CCC will misbehave.

One attempt to fix this could be uninstall .NET 4.5 from Win7 Programs and Features. Then do the FIX to .NET 4.0 outlined here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 or here is even better if your an advanced users http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx and THEN reboot clean and install .NET 4.5. 

Then EXPRESS UNINSTALL ALL ATI SOFTWARE from Catalyst Uninstall Manager and reboot and then Full EXPRES Install AMD driver of your choice and you should be ok.

AMD has ascknowledged the FSX DX9 CTD issues with Catalyst 13.9 and beyond and the problem has been sent on to the Catalyst team and a fix should come some time down the road. FSX DX10 might not be completely fixed for us AMD guys as the shader is not playing nice with the drivers it seems resulting in the spikes and corruptions we are seeing. That said I see you have found some balances in the setup of FSX to help mitigate this issue as best as you can.

Take care and let me know how you did!

Charles.

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 11:27 AM by cvearl
 11/03/2013 11:41 AM

Author Icon
bdad
Peon

I followed the steps suggested and still CCC doesn't work with 4.5.

The driver appears to work so the games play ok. guess I'll wait until they find a way for the two pieces of SW to play nice.

11/03/2013 01:08 PM

Author Icon
cvearl
Peon

Originally posted by: bdad I followed the steps suggested and still CCC doesn't work with 4.5.

The driver appears to work so the games play ok. guess I'll wait until they find a way for the two pieces of SW to play nice.

How strange. I have 4 systems that are on 13.4 with CCC functioning and .NET 4.5 is installed perfectly. WTF!

See.... This is why I hate CC Cleaner and Driver Cleaner and all these other tools. Every time I have tried to use them there has been some kind of side effect that I had to fix.

I never stray from documented and supported install and uninstall process (Catalyst Installl Manager technique) and have never had a problem on dozens of systems and dozens of card models and I jump in and out of BETA drivers all the time on my main system.

No issues ever. Knock on wood!

But I recall a system I had that .NET was toast and I could not do anything about it no matter what I tried. Had to rebuild. Thanks Microsoft!

Google .NET issues and put your seatbelt on. LOL

C.

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 07:18 PM by cvearl
 11/03/2013 01:49 PM

Author Icon
bdad
Peon

I used Driver Fusion (AMD's recommendation) the first time to remove drivers. Then I removed 4.5 from Windows. I then used CCleaner to make sure things were clean and then reinstalled 4.5 and then the Catalyst download. Did this 3 times using a different mix of removers. I redownloaded the CCC set eat time to make sure it was clean.

For them life of me I can't make it work. I would be considered on the high end of skills and experience so I don't think I did anything or missed anything. I've trouble shot systems for decades and can almost always find a solution...I'll just keep looking and playing.

11/03/2013 02:50 PM

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

Thanks Charles but i followed your solutions to the letter and still my CCC will not open.

It crash and state the program has stopped working, Damn this PC live is tuff.

Navn på program med fejl: CCC.exe, version: 4.5.0.0, tidsstempel: 0x525e32d7

Navn på modul med fejl: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, tidsstempel: 0x51fb1677

Undtagelseskode: 0xe0434352

Forskydning med fejl 0x000000000000940d

Proces-id 0xd4c

Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01ced8cef8f35bcf

Programsti: C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe

Modulsti: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Rapport-id: 619c97ef-44c2-11e3-b913-74d02b9d57d5

Program: CCC.exe

Framework-version: v4.0.30319

Beskrivelse: Denne proces blev afsluttet pga. en ubehandlet undtagelse.

Undtagelsesoplysninger: System.TypeInitializationException

Stak:

ved System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.RaiseFocusChangedEventHelper(System.Windows.IInputElement)

ved System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.ChangeFocus(System.Windows.DependencyObject, Int32)

ved System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(System.Windows.DependencyObject, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

ved System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(System.Windows.IInputElement)

ved System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.OnSetFocus(IntPtr)

ved System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

ved System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

ved MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

ved MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

ved System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

ved MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

ved System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

ved MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

ved MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

ved MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

ved MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DefWndProcWrapper(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

ved MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

ved MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32)

ved MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32)

ved System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object)

ved System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()

ved ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Dashboard.Dashboard.DerivedRun()

ved ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private.ClientUIComponent.DoRun()

ved ATI.ACE.CCC.Implementation.CCC_Main.CCCNewThreadBegin(System.Object)

ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

ved System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Thanks for sharing experience bro 

PS! after installing 4.5 my computer cannot restart or close  by itself. I have to "reset" on my Tower because windows keep saying "windows is shutting down"

Michael Moe

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 03:02 PM by Michael Moe
 11/03/2013 02:54 PM

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

Glad i am not the only one out there with this issue

Michael Moe

11/03/2013 03:15 PM

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

And this is from the ACELog

0000000218: 2013-11-03 21:12:09:821    Target: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP Method: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP

Error      Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private.ClientUIComponent:oRun                             processID:03588 threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameCCC.exe                     assemblyNameCLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private, Version=4.5.5050.29801, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Moe

11/03/2013 03:22 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

It looks like the best thing to do is reinstall your OS. I would follow the order that eyedee posted....make sure there is no more updates available from Windows update before you try and install the driver suite.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/06/2013 02:31 AM

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped It looks like the best thing to do is reinstall your OS. I would follow the order that eyedee posted....make sure there is no more updates available from Windows update before you try and install the driver suite.

Well that is not going to happen i can tell you

I know you meen it well so dont take it the wrong way . We are in the same boat here .But Reinstall because of a "simpel" program cant work?.

This is a totally not the way and its really like saying you/AMD give up. You cannot expect peoble to reinstall a fresh install just because of this ?? We can sent people to the Moon so come on AMD. Please have the challenge to make this a none problem for PC users!

Total reinstall is and should be the last solution when switching major hardware like a GTX card instead. 

Secondly we would really appreciate having AMD looked in to the Flight Simulator X Community because there drivers for the HD 6/7 series has major problems in DX10

Thanks (a little frustrated i know :-) )

Michael Moe

11/06/2013 05:44 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

.NET is everything but a "simpel program". You can as well contact M$ tech support as suggested before. Y U NO do it?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

11/06/2013 07:40 AM

Author Icon
Michael Moe
Peon

Statistics
85489 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.