Yes, you should install them. But not from amd.com.
1. Go to http://www.gigabyte.com/
2. Type/paste "ga-970a-ud3" into the search field and press enter
3. Select your board revision
4. Click on support & downloads
5. Select your OS and download the chipset driver it offers
6. Install it and never touch it again!!!
This is the proper way to do it. Note that the chipset drivers on the AMD website are not really supposed to be used by individulas, they don't even work with most motherboards.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64