Topic Title: bsod INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Chipset driver update
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/05/2013 04:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/05/2013 04:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iFinity
Peon

if i install chipset driver 13.9 it says need to restart. if i do a restart my computer no longer boots. not even in recovery mode or anything else. bios is set to ahci and boot drive is sata3g ssd but slow and only recognized as sata1.5g that is why i want to update. or if i load new video drivers complete bundle i get bsod also.

-------------------------

AMD Phenom II 955 x4 || AMD Radeon HD7970 || AMD SB 750 Chipset || 8GB DDR2-RAM ||Windows8.1x64

11/05/2013 06:44 PM

Author Icon
gruia
Nerfed

i don't think there's any connection.

I've had this issue .. sometimes my system SSD wouldn't show in BIOS, had to shutdown, boot, put it as 1st

I've changed the SATAx as HOTPLUG and haven't had any issues since then

as for drivers, try using DDU or the ATI utility to clean ur drivers.

11/06/2013 05:51 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You're supposed to install chipset drivers only from the website of the manufacturer of your motherboard. Those will work and won't need an update ever.

Note, that it's not the chipset detecting a HDD, so what you want makes no sense.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

11/06/2013 07:54 AM

Author Icon
iFinity
Peon

Originally posted by: gruia i don't think there's any connection.

I've had this issue .. sometimes my system SSD wouldn't show in BIOS, had to shutdown, boot, put it as 1st

I've changed the SATAx as HOTPLUG and haven't had any issues since then

as for drivers, try using DDU or the ATI utility to clean ur drivers.

the Connection is there, since i Start Computer and Boot from ssd via sata by ahci. Windows Logo shows up points Are rotating and heavy hdd activity led blinking until some time points continue rotating but instead of Login screen there Comes No hdd activity and two minutes later bsod As described in topic title

tried changing sata ports one by one and chaning bios from ahci To raid but same Happen. Only Setting it To legacy ide Let me Boot up again. 

Originally posted by: Eydee You're supposed to install chipset drivers only from the website of the manufacturer of your motherboard. Those will work and won't need an update ever.

Note, that it's not the chipset detecting a HDD, so what you want makes no sense.

i Need hat Update because i experience very slow Performance with Samsung ssd 840 pro 128gb in ide Mode. Believe it does Not trim in this Emulation Mode. Also i can't use All capacity of My hdd 3TB it only shows 2TB... That's why i Need Update . it's Not the bios it's the chipset bios i think. Gigabyte does Not have drivers listed for Windows 8. but the chipset is amd. for win7 it is linking To http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%208%20-%2032

Description:

Package Includes:
                           AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers
                          AMD Chipset Drivers
                          AMD AHCI Driver

AMD Phenom II 955 x4 || AMD Radeon HD7970 || AMD SB 750 Chipset || 8GB DDR2-RAM ||Windows8.1x64

01/18/2014 02:06 PM

Author Icon
BuzzGUN
Peon

Statistics
84311 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.