Catalyst driver 13.4 and/or 13.9
Fresh system installation Windows 7 64x
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290x
CPU: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Display Device: BenQ GL2440H on standard VGA graphics adapter
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
Motherboard Bios: Z87-A-ASUS-1602
System Memory: ADATA DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GBx2
Powersupply Corsair TX 750M
Harddrive: Samsung SSD 250gb
I just bought a completly new computer that I built a cupple of days ago, and my problem is that I cant install Catalyst Control Center. It always stops mid installation with the message "Install Package failure".
The message I get in Event Viewer is "Product: AMD Catalyst Install Manager -- Error 1723.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action SetInstallDir, entry: SetInstallDir, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIF191.tmp"
Additionally, I cant see the Graphics card in Device Manager, and I cant plug my screen Directly to the graphics card, since then I dont get a signal, I have to plug it to my Motherboard.
Here is a step by step process of what Iv done in my search for a solution.
1. Formatted harddrive and installed fresh Windows 7 64x
2. Installed motherboard drivers that came with the CD
3. Tried to install Catalyst 13.9 (It failed)
4. Allowed Windows to install any and all updates it could find with "Windwos updater", including service pack 1
5. Tried to install Catalyst 13.9 (It failed)
6. Installed .Net 4.5 and C++ manually
7. Tried to install Catalyst 13.9 (It failed)
8. Updated Motherboard BIOS
9. Tried to install Catalyst 13.9 (It failed)
10. Installed Directx9-11
11. Tried to install Catalyst 13.9 (It failed)
12. Tried to install Catalyst 13.4 (Int failed)
Im fresh out of ideas here, why wont it install?