Topic Title: 7850 HDMI audio choppy in 3d
Topic Summary: audio is choppy when in 3d mode
Created On: 11/11/2013 12:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2013 12:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jenkinp
Peon

I have an Asus HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 and I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit. I should mention that I have the HDMI directly connected to my Samsung LED TV (UN46B6000).

My HMDI audio works just fine during normal system operation.  However when I try to play a game like Neverwinter, it kicks into 3d high performance mode and the audio gets choppy unless I lower the in-game render and graphics settings down to 25%.  While the problem is present I'll get audio for about 1 second every 30 seconds. 

I'm running the latest (13.9) catalyst.  I've also tried the beta (13.11).  I've also tried using HDMI audio drivers from Realtek.  

I've tried tweaking my overclock settings down and up and that doesn't help either.  I've also swapped out with a couple different HDMI cables.

I can watch hi-res videos using VLC with no problem, but again this doesn't put the system into 3d mode.

I've confirmed that the problem is with the 3d mode because if I run a game in window mode and try opening up an audio file, the same problem happens.  The amd graphics profiler shows the GPU clock at around 800MHz.  As soon as I close the game the GPU clock drops back down to 300MHz and audio returns to normal operation.

I've scanned forums here and around the net and while I see a lot of hdmi audio issues but none of the solutions have helped so far.

I've been dealing with this problem for the last year and it's gotten to the point that I've just stopped playing games on the PC in favor of the PS3.  But I spent a lot of money for this card and I like the graphics; it just has this one blemish.

This is the second AMD card in a row that I've had something not work right and I'm thinking I'll switch back to nVidia next time.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

11/11/2013 03:03 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Dungeon Master

Originally posted by: jenkinp

This is the second AMD card in a row that I've had something not work right and I'm thinking I'll switch back to nVidia next time.

So polite. Expecting help with a threat included. Let me return that. Why don't you just do whatever you wrote and get the **** out of here? Seriously.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3250MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 850/1150MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 7 Pro x64

CPU: Pentium 4 Northwood S478 @ 3200MHz | RAM: 1,5GB DDR 400| MoBo: Gigabyte GA-8S661FXMP-RZ | GPU: ASUS Radeon X1650 Pro 256MB | Display: Dimarson 19" CRT | PSU: Noname 400W | OS: changing twice every week...

11/11/2013 12:47 PM

Author Icon
jenkinp
Peon

Hmm.  Trolls never seems to go away do they?

To your point, am I expecting help? Nope.  Am I hoping that someone may have battled this issue and/or is willing to offer suggestions?  Respectfully, yes.

Am I threatening you or this community?  Absolutely not.  Am I venting my frustration at AMD regarding this issue?  Hell yeah.

I am sorry that you don't have an answer to the problem I posted.  Although I find it curious that rather than refraining from posting you choose to redirect your insecurities of deficiency towards twisting words and tearing folks down. 

Looking at your ~3500 posts it seems you don't help anyone, but rather troll every single post that comes into the forum.  That said I do see many helpful people in this forum fostering a true community; one sadly you will not truly be part of until you understand what the word means.

I won't reciprocate your animosity.  Instead I really pity a small angry person who has nothing better to do.  I hope one day you find some semblance of humanity and a purpose in life beyond tearing others down.

11/11/2013 12:52 PM

Author Icon
jenkinp
Peon

For others, here's some additional things I've tried...

Full uninstall and re-install for Catalyst

Enabling/Disabling the LCD Overdrive

System format and clean Windows install

I've seen posts about the exact opposite issue happening in 2d on some cards, but that doesn't help my scenario.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Statistics
80988 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.