Topic Title: Browser visibly refreshes on 280x beta drivers
Topic Summary: beta drivers makes my browsers jumpy
Created On: 11/18/2013 07:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2013 07:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZeRoTHScar
Peon

After getting my new 280X Dual-X, switcing from nVdia 480GTX, and installing the stock drivers that came with the card, i was quickly on my way to enjoy the new card.

Then with BF4 I needed to install the new beta drivers (v8) and ever since these drivers have been installed, I can see when my browsers refreshes.

Its almost like the whole browser window jumps a bit.. the whole time, every few seconds.

Tried the following to ensure most angles are correct.

1. reseat gfx card
2. re-install beta drivers

No luck with the above.

Install older version of drivers, refreshing of jumping/jitter browser windows dissapears. Re-appears when beta drivers is install.  I've tried this on multiple browser, including, IE10, Chrome and Firefox. All updated to their latest versions.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

In-game everything appears to be fine, desktop no issues. It is just a browser specific issue. So browsing the internet, can get really annoying.

My system details:

O/S: Windows 8.1 (64bit)
HDD: SSD, SATA6 x 3
CPU: i5 2500K (Stock)
GFX: Sapphire 280X DUAL-X (Stock)
RAM: 8GB (Stock)
AMD/Ati driver version currently: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 for Windows®??

Any help will be appreciated.

-------------------------

Steam: ZeRoTHScar
Origin: ZeRoTHScar

11/18/2013 10:37 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I believe you're describing the 2D flicker issues that others have mentioned.  I can tell you that the AMD driver team is aware of that 2D flicker issue and looking into it.  I would encourage you to complete the Issue Report Form at the bottom of the Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.2 download page.  In the meantime, I would stick wih the driver that is working for you.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/19/2013 02:54 AM

Author Icon
ZeRoTHScar
Peon

Hi Marc

Thanks for your feedback. I've also seen a lot about this across the interwebz. Some saying BIOS, some saying overclock something..

I will wait for the new drievrs.

Steam: ZeRoTHScar
Origin: ZeRoTHScar

Statistics
80977 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.