Topic Title: Browser visibly refreshes on 280x beta drivers
Topic Summary: beta drivers makes my browsers jumpy
Created On: 11/18/2013 07:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2013 07:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZeRoTHScar
Peon

After getting my new 280X Dual-X, switcing from nVdia 480GTX, and installing the stock drivers that came with the card, i was quickly on my way to enjoy the new card.

Then with BF4 I needed to install the new beta drivers (v8) and ever since these drivers have been installed, I can see when my browsers refreshes.

Its almost like the whole browser window jumps a bit.. the whole time, every few seconds.

Tried the following to ensure most angles are correct.

1. reseat gfx card
2. re-install beta drivers

No luck with the above.

Install older version of drivers, refreshing of jumping/jitter browser windows dissapears. Re-appears when beta drivers is install.  I've tried this on multiple browser, including, IE10, Chrome and Firefox. All updated to their latest versions.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

In-game everything appears to be fine, desktop no issues. It is just a browser specific issue. So browsing the internet, can get really annoying.

My system details:

O/S: Windows 8.1 (64bit)
HDD: SSD, SATA6 x 3
CPU: i5 2500K (Stock)
GFX: Sapphire 280X DUAL-X (Stock)
RAM: 8GB (Stock)
AMD/Ati driver version currently: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 for Windows®??

Any help will be appreciated.

-------------------------

Steam: ZeRoTHScar
Origin: ZeRoTHScar

11/18/2013 10:37 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I believe you're describing the 2D flicker issues that others have mentioned.  I can tell you that the AMD driver team is aware of that 2D flicker issue and looking into it.  I would encourage you to complete the Issue Report Form at the bottom of the Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.2 download page.  In the meantime, I would stick wih the driver that is working for you.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/19/2013 02:54 AM

Author Icon
ZeRoTHScar
Peon

Hi Marc

Thanks for your feedback. I've also seen a lot about this across the interwebz. Some saying BIOS, some saying overclock something..

I will wait for the new drievrs.

Steam: ZeRoTHScar
Origin: ZeRoTHScar

Statistics
84121 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.