Topic Title: R9 280X - Display port (HDMI sound issues)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/26/2013 09:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/26/2013 09:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
D3ft0ne
Peon

Hello, 

I had just purchased R9 280X and now am having issues with my Sony Receiver being able to be recognized at all times, where when using Nvidia's GTX 560 Ti, I never had this issue.

I run Windows 7 Ult 64bit

13.11 Beta9.4 Driver.

My Sony TV is running to the Sony AVR (receiver) and from there I run hdmi cable to the Display port of my R9 280X (via adapter).

As well as I run primary Samsung monitor via HDMI to R9 280X DVI port.

------------

Now the problem this - If my TV and Receiver are on, and I am turning on the PC after, everything seems to be working properly. I am able to extend displays to Sony TV, and choose audio playback device as 5.1 Sony AVR.

But, if my PC is on first and THEN I turn on TV and Receiver - I am able to go to CCC and detect the TV and extend the displays BUT, the HDMI Play back option via Sony AVR is grayed out  in Audio options only leaving me with PC HD audio.  This forces me to restart my PC every time i want to turn on the TV, in order for sound to appear.

Further more, sometimes I get the issue, where when I click on Playback devices in sound options it will not open at all... i guess some soft conflict.

If anyone heard of this please let me know.

Thanks! 

11/27/2013 01:14 PM

Author Icon
D3ft0ne
Peon

Update:

I had found 2 things:

1. Radeon Pro App was definately interfiring with video drivers somehow, it did work ok with everythiong esle, but gave an error on start that - R9 280X is not a support adapter. (I am now using MSI Afterburner for limiting FPS)

2. Now sound detection works at any time, but i had noticed this annoying error - "Unable to save display settings" when extending display.

To get it working i have to go to device manager and scan for hardware change  under monitor tab, when second Plug and Play monitor appears, from CCC its usually possible to extend / duplicate. But this is very inconsistent. Sometimes i have to re-detect several times.

12/12/2013 02:45 PM

Author Icon
D3ft0ne
Peon

I take my words back about  sound detection working all the time.

Majority of the time, still if PC was on first - HDMI Sony receiver device will be grayed out, as if its not plugged in, even though the Sony TV is on and acts as an extended screen. As well as "playback devices" sometimes become not responsive.

This is definately due to AMD HDMI Audio driver, since when I disable that device in Dev. Manager the issue with unresponsiveness goes away.

I tried everything at this point, to no avail. Running latest Beta drivers.

If anyone seen this please let me know.

12/12/2013 03:18 PM

Author Icon
Andrey_Rybenkov
Nerfed

1. Instead of rebooting try disable/enable your videocard in Device Manager.

2. be aware MSI Afterburner is not compatible with some software. Particularly in Rage game it prevents to load new area's textures.

-------------------------

Athlon II X4 630@3360, MA770t-UD3, Sapphire HD7790 1GB, FSP ATX500R,  Win7-32 PAE 8GB, LG 32LN655V (HDMI) + Philips 222E (DVI->VGA), Catalyst 14.4 WHQL

05/15/2014 10:02 AM

Author Icon
blackflag486
Peon

I'm having the same issue with my Sony receiver and my R9 280X.. Newest drivers.. I have to reboot my PC if I ever turn on my AV Receiver/TV and expect to use the HDMI audio.

-------------------------
Statistics
88771 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.