Topic Title: win 8.1 - dual monitor is black - newest AMD 13.11 Beta 9.4 installed
Topic Summary: driver problem?
Created On: 11/28/2013 02:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2013 02:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dutscher
Peon

My dual monitor (BenQ) is black after updatet to 8.1.
I has tryed to deinstall and install the amd driver software or under safe mode deinstall the windows default driver. Really nothing helps.

I think the problem is Windows and not the graphic driver. Because a have a another BenQ Monitor for testing if the old plugged one is damaged but the monitor is also black.

Here some infos about my system:
-- OS
Windows 8.1 Pro (since last week updated)
-- Graphic Card
AMD Radeon HD 7900 (lastest AMD 13.11 Beta 9.4 installed)
The new graphics driver of amd are ready to download under http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-c... but it's not solved my "black screen problem".

-- Monitors
22" Samsung Syncmaster 2233BW (primary)
19" BenQ FP937s (second)

The actual state that the 19" monitor get signal (the led near the powerbutton lights green look on the image) but the whole display is black.
Both monitors are plugged by DVI cables. With VGA cable is'nt possible to detect the 2nd monitor.

Under Device-Manager is the second monitor called "PnP-Monitor Standard" and in the resolution manager of windows they called by name "BenQ FP937s" also in Catalyst Control Center.

If i reanimate my monitor. BenQ logo shows - fade out - desktop appear (low brightness but seeing task and background-image) and after 2 seconds its complete black.

Has someone the same problem and a solution?

cheers dutscher

Edited: 11/28/2013 at 04:46 PM by dutscher
Statistics
87467 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.