- XFX Radeon R9 270x
-no overclock, all default
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Just installed the driver from the website, V 18.104.22.168
- Windoes 8.1 64bit
- Just installed a new PSU and GPU today, the GPU was the r9 270x and psu is a 550W Thermaltake.
- Got everything securely hooked up and machine started up fine. However the CD drive will not read the AMD install disk, and when I try running the AMD autodetect it does not find anything either.
- I ran CPU-Z and it says just the "200 series" so I am assuming it still cannot find the 270x
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASROCK H61M-HVS, uATX
- Chipset: Intel H61
- Thermaltake Smart Series SP-550PCBUS 550W ATX 12C 2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Currently 1 HDMI hook up to a 42 or 46 inch insignia TV
Applications and Games
-Intel Core i5
- Speed: 3350P (3.10GHz)
- LR 3 Cashe Per CPU: 6MB
-CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155
-CPU 64 bit quad core processor max turbo frequency 3.3GHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Not sure, it is fully updated to ASROCK's current version though
System Memory Type & Amount
- 2 sticks of 4GB DDR3
-Everything in my machine (hardware-wise) is still default except the PSU and GPU I put in today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227443
-CD drive also won't show the install disk for the drivers...not sure what is going on there.
While this sits here I am going to redo all the connections of cables and make sure they are snug
CD was unplugged, got that going however I had to run the CD in compatability mode and the folders seemed to only have files up to win7...so I am not even sure if I should be using this. The version as it installs says 0.8.00.0915 as well, should I go back to the V12 off the website?
Regardless, AMD auto-detect still finds nothing
04:27 PM by