- Two Asus R9 290 cards (reference build) in crossfire configuration, issue also happens when I take one card out - tried running with just one and verified both seperatly to check if it's HW issue
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Clean install of OS, driver reports: 220.127.116.11
Driver package version: 13.251-131206a-166151E-ATI
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version : 2013.1206.1603.28764
Clean install of Windows 8.1
Issue also happened on Windows 7 and clean install of Windows 7
Desktop crashing and getting BSOD with orgin being the CCC.exe process throwing an error 0xC000000E which according to the Windows bug list is:
0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.
When playing games/using fullscreen 3d apps I am not getting this crash however randomly I get screen artifacts - like segments of the screen being mangled for a 100ms or so - this is the case for apps running OpenGL, DX10 or DX11.
I have verified all I/O mother board drivers and controllers and drivers and motherboard BIOS is up to date. I have checked all of the cables and everything is connected properly as well.
Screen of the msg box before BSOD/OS lock-up
Motherboard or System Make & Model
Asus Rage III Extreme - http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/RAMPAGE_III_EXTREME/
Corsair AX850 - http://www.corsair.com/professional-series-gold-ax850-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-power-supply.html
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used
- Asus VG236H - https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG236H/ - primary display
- Samsung® SyncMaster 2233RZ - secondary monitor
Applications and Games
- Tried games like: Simcity, Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Star Wars Old Republic, etc
Intel i7 2.6Ghz, quad-core, HT enabled
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
24GB, Corsair Vengance
Corsair 60GB SSD drive as boot device, 1TB HDD main drive, Corsaid 260GB SSD drive for video editing/fast apps cache
Memtest, chdisk, S.M.A.R.T. tests, video card benchmarks to try to reproduce the issue, virus scans.