GPU: Asus 7970-DC2T-3GD5 @1050
OS: Windows 7 64 bit
MB: asus p8z77-v pro, BIOS 2104
PSU: Corsair tx750m
Monitor and cable: benq XL2411lt, DVI-D
CPU: i7 3770k @4.4 ghz. Auto voltage OCed with BIOS
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gigs 4 sticks ddr3 @1600mhz
Extra: bootdrive 120gb intel ssd (decent amount of space left), one 2tb hdd and one hyperx 3k 240gb ssd, 3 case fans, Cpu cooler Hyper 212 evo, one random optical drive, asus xonar phoebus soundcard, no viruses detected and no hardware checks but the cpu has run stable for a long time.
Driver History: 13.8, 13.9, 13.10beta, 13.11beta I don't remeber my nvidia drivers but i did use driver fusion when i switched GPUs.
Issue Details: I decided to update from 13.11beta to 13.12, since i was using a beta I thought using Driver Fusion was a good idea so the new version wont conflict with it.
First i would like to include (just in case) that i was playing bf3 and got a DirectX error (didn't read it) that crashed the game and other apps.
1. I went in Driver Fusion>Display>amd>delete (i probably should have went to the control panel first), restart
2. Run the exe i got from the amd website (i did select correct gpu and os), express and it might have said "warning some errors has occurred" and a yellowquestion mark, restart
3. Logging in, see the desktop for a few sec and Blue screen with light blue thin vertical lines (looks a lot like a patern you would see on a curtain), I cant do anything
4. Hold down power button to force shut down.
5. Start windows in normal mode, same thing happens (thos time with a darker shade of blue)
6. Restart in safe mode, no crash, go to driver fusion and delete the drivers (unistalling doesn't work in safe mode).
7. Restart, install driver again, restart, same thing happens (light purple)
8. Driver fusion in safe mode, restart, go back to 13,11beta, restart, same thing (slight darker shade of purple)
9. D F in safe mode, restart, Run exe select unistall, then install, same thing happens.