Topic Title: hdmi won't display on TV.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/11/2014 04:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2014 04:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Homietheclown
Peon

Ok where to begin...

I bought a R9 270X recently.  Loved the upgrade considering I used to have an old Radeon 5650.  Anyway last night I changed the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1024x768(or something like that.  When I did, I never got it to display on the TV again so I went to bed.

This computer in question is used only for TV and is hooked up to a Onkyo receiver which is hooked up to a LCD 42'.  I ruled out the Onkyo as the issue.  The Xbox and WiiU systems that are connected to it work fine and show up on the TV.  Also I hooked up my old computer which also has a HDMI to the receiver and it worked fine too.  

So it's more likely that I have a video card driver issue I think... Here's some other wierd observations.  I hooked up a small 20'LCD monitor to the AMD's  DVI port and it will only come on if I unplug the HDMI that goes to the receiver BUT if the HDMI from the computer is plugged directly into the TV( so no receiver) then the small LCD monitor will work too.

For anyone reading this... Thanks.  It's very confusing.  Something I forgot to add. when the computer boots up, the TV(hdmi) and small lcd (dvi) will both show the post and windows boot up logo screens but then everything cuts off(Tv screen goes blank, small lcd shuts off) as Windows gets to the desktop screen.

I've had this card for a month. It used to work so I'm guessing it's a retarded video card issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver 4-5 times. My only other option is to do a full Windows install.  Is it possible my videocard is having hardware failure. Is there a way to test this?  

Power supply is 500W. Cpu is AMD 8350.  Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks to anyone reading this far.

EDIT:  I took out the main hard drive and put in an extra hard drive that I had lying around and formatted and installed  Win 7 on it and the video card drivers that came with the card.  Everything works like it did before all this happened. So now I know I could reformat and reinstall windows on the old hard drive but that's a last resort option. 

Obviously a driver issue but how can I fix the other hard drive without reformatting.

Edited: 01/11/2014 at 06:57 PM by Homietheclown
Statistics
81110 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.