Topic Title: AMD R9 270 | Unable to install "Multimedia Controller"
Topic Summary: AMD Catalyst Installs, but left with one Unidentifiable Device on the Video Card.
Created On: 01/15/2014 12:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/15/2014 12:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KissSh0t
Peon

*moving from previous location to the driver thread, realizing I had posted in the wrong thread, hopefully now I might get some sort of feedback*

After installing my new R9 270 video card I have a "Multimedia Controller" left uninstalled.

I am unable to install this one left over device, All I have been able to do so far is identify that it is located on the video card.

The drivers I am using are 13.12 "13-12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql"

I have tried using Driver Booster to install the left over device but it does not know what it is.

I have tried identifying the device with a few driver tools but nothing knows what it is.

Here is a screenshot showing my device manager with the device I am unable to install

Here is a screenshot showing the Hardware ID

The exact model of the video card is XFX Radeon R9 270 Double Dissipation Boost 2GB with model number R9-270A-CDFC

I have started a support ticket with XFX but it has been 4 days now and it says they will get back in 2 days... So I feel like I am being ignored, So I thought I would try here on AMD Formus with the hope of someone knowing what this is.. or.. any help at all.

I am thinking maybe it is a bug with my video card because I have not been able to find anyone else with this issue.

01/20/2014 08:10 PM

Author Icon
thmul2
Peon

Has anyone had solutions for this problem yet ? I have exact same issue

Thanks

01/20/2014 09:22 PM

Author Icon
KissSh0t
Peon

This is a duplicate thread..

The main one is here >> http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=170888&forumid=11

If you can thmul2.. Could you please report a bug to AMD regarding this issue.

You can report the issue here >> http://www.amd.com/report

Also, if you could report this issue to XFX Support, it would be much apreciated.

It just might get the issue fixed for us if more people report this issue.

When you report to AMD and XFX take screenshots like I have here showing the problem in detail.

Cheers.

01/20/2014 11:22 PM

Author Icon
thmul2
Peon

Oo Sorry. Thanks for the advise.

Cheers

Statistics
86369 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.