Topic Title: XFX r7 260x issues
Topic Summary: Not running at full potential
Created On: 01/26/2014 05:54 PM
Status: Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2014 05:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zachtheguy1
Peon

Posts: 4
Joined: 01/26/2014

I have had this card since x mas and the hole time i have been trying to find drivers that work about 10% of the time this card will run right (say about 50fps on ultra for bf4) and the other 90% it will run how it desides (25-50 fps on low for bf4) i installed the leaked beta drivers and they kinda works (50 fps average for bf4) but im still lacking about 15-20 fps that i have gotten before.

my specs

cpu-amd fx 4130 quad core 3.8 ghz

ram- 4gb 1333

mother board- msi 970a-G46

power supply- 400w

and im running on windows 7 64 bit

 01/27/2014 01:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Posts: 882
Joined: 09/11/2008

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=160419&enterthread=y



-------------------------

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

 01/27/2014 03:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
goodplay
Cookie Monster

Posts: 422
Joined: 08/21/2011

From XFX website:Min.500W psu/Recommended 650W.

So,if you can borrow one,see if that improves performance.

(seems R cards need more power?, than 6/7xxx series)



-------------------------

i5 3570k(@4.5)./ga-z77x-ud5h-wb./hyper T4./2 x 4gb vengeance 1600 c8./sapphire dualX 7970 3gb OC boost v2./1tb WD FAEX Black./lg bh10 blu-ray r.w../corsair hx850./antec df30./z506 spkrs./lg e2240v./win 8(8.1) pro x64 

 02/17/2014 08:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zachtheguy1
Peon

Posts: 4
Joined: 01/26/2014

i got a new 550w power supply and 8gb of ram and im still having the same problem

 02/17/2014 11:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Posts: 882
Joined: 09/11/2008

Originally posted by: zachtheguy1 i got a new 550w power supply and 8gb of ram and im still having the same problem

 

Make/model of new Power supply?



-------------------------

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

 03/06/2014 05:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zachtheguy1
Peon

Posts: 4
Joined: 01/26/2014

I dont know why but i refomated my computer and it started to work right and i havent had a problem since

Statistics
85376 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.