Topic Title: Is this a display alignment problem?
Topic Summary: Display is 2 inches to much to the left.
Created On: 01/27/2014 04:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2014 04:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
njdubois
Peon

I have a Philips Magnavox HDTV hooked up via a practically brand new DVI to DVI cable that when hooked up to my normal acer monitor works with out a hitch.

The problem is that the screen is off center.  I guess by about 2 inches.  I thought it was under/over scanning.  Spent way to much time trying to figure out why I don't even have an under/over scanning option in my CCC.  My only conclusion is that it would be available if I was using HDMI instead of DVI ?

I have found a few different regestry changes but absolutly none of the values or keys matched my system.  It may be because all the reg edit options I found our about 2-4 years old.  On this page (http://josiahmanson.com/prose/overscan/) I was able to search and find "TVEnableOverscan" but could not find "DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan"  setting enableoverscan to "0" had no effect.

After all the research I did with the scanning, and playing around with HDTV Modes under "HDTV Support" in CCC I have come to the conclusion that I am having an alignment problem, and not a scanning issue.  I can use the "Add" window to tweak the screen size, but it is to the left, and I can't find an option to move it to the right.  Only make the display bigger or smaller.

I have tried all frequencies and screen resolutions I have available.  I've uninstalled and re installed CCC, and all monitor drivers.

I have gone up and down the settings on the tv, and there is no alignment options.  I have also googled the hell out of it and can't find anything.

Am I going in circles?  Is there no alignment options?  Are alignment options only for CRT displays?  Is this a DVI issue?  Is there a third party program or application that will allow me to modify my horizontal alignment?  Should I get a dvi to composit cable?  Should I get a standard VGA cable and use a dvi to vga adapter?

I took 2 photos, and can't figure out how to attach them.

musicwhynot.com/screen_border.jpg (shows the "Add" screen with the blue border.  clearly shows that its to the left.)

and

musicwhynot.com/tv_back.jpg

Video Card :  XFX Radeon HD 7950

CCC Version : 2013.1206.1603.28764

Catalyst Version : 13.12 (and i tried the newest beta)

Please help!!  I don't know what else to do!

Thanks a million,

Nick

PS, its late, no Spell check..hope I did ok!

01/27/2014 04:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

First boot a linux live CD/USB to find out if you have a hardware issue. Linux with open source drivers usually "just works".

You should also take more pictures, but at least one that shows a desktop or something recognizable. That unknown giant metro-like CCC page with a strange blue backlight is anything but informative.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
85452 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.