Topic Title: Overheat after installing Catalyst Control Center, need help
Topic Summary: Normal temperature: 40 - 50 , after CCC installed goes up to 80
Created On: 02/12/2014 01:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/12/2014 01:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dravenz
Peon

Hello, i have a problem with the Catalyst Control Center. ( or the whole Catalyst Software Suite, not sure.. )

My video card model is : EAH5670 1GB GDDR5

When i completely uninstall the whole Catalyst Software Suite( drivers, CCC, .. etc), and let Windows 7 automatically install the video driver,  the temperature drops to 40* , and it never actually overheats, not even in games.

When i re-install the newest drivers from the website, and after windows restarts, the temperature goes up to 70* - 80* , even without being in-game..

As a note, i use Speedfan to check out the whole system's temperature.. could it cause any conflicts on CCC , and may that be the cause of the overheat ? The settings on fan control are set to Automatic, on both programs.

I also tried manually increasing the fan speed in CCC , but it still overheats, and i don't really understand what happens.

I also had some problems with Skype causing overheat, or general lag. , but it seems that they fixed it, i uninstalled this one too, just to be sure.. but still...

Why is Catalyst Control Center overheating my GPU ? 

Statistics
85373 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.