Topic Title: R290 BSOD and Random Reboot *fix*
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/22/2014 05:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2014 05:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The Koala
Peon

Does your new computer randomly reboot when watching videos, surfing the web or even selecting songs on Winamp? My computer would randomly reboot 3-6 times most nights and I tried everything under the sun. Reading my minidump file always said the same thing: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. So after troubleshooting everything and even buying a new PSU, I have finally fixed the issue with GPU Tweak. 

1. Download and install GPU Tweak.

2. Start GPU tweak.

3. Move mouse cursor over 3D Icon on the top left of GPU Tweak. Once you hover over the icon, a button appears for 3D|2D. Select 2D switching setting to gain access to 2D settings. 

4. Set your GPU Clock to 430Mhz, Memory Clock to 900Mhz, Fan Speed to whatever speed you'd like and hit apply. 

5. Save the new 2D settings to a profile and make sure you also select that profile everytime you reboot or restart windows..

That's it. My system has been been stable since Sunday night. 

Soo AMD.. when are you going to add user controls to 2D settings in CCC for your clients that are having this issue?

Statistics
86369 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.