Topic Title: R9 280X OC ASUS getting screen tearing(?)/discolored lines going across the screen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/02/2014 05:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2014 05:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ekrem
Peon

So I have recently "upgraded" from a 7790 OC to a 280X OC Direct CU II. Since ive bought it I had been running mantle but started getting my screen flooded with mainly purple and pink lines going horizontally from one side of the screen to the other, differing in length. Also there has been times when a whole portion of my screen would flash black completely hindering my ability to play games. All I was running was Garry's Mod. I have since then changed my driver (uninstalled mantle correctly) to 13.9 in which I received the same problem and then 13.12 which I yet again, received the same problem. 

This has happened in Planetside 2, Orion: Dino Horde, Left for Dead 2 and worst of all Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 (which I think may be the game at fault due to complete crashing of the game which I havent experienced on any other game).

My card is running at a maximum of 40 degrees and my drivers are up to date. Everything is plugged in properly. My best bets at this moment would be that I run a cleaner through my PC (which I highly doubt is the problem) to get rid of all of the remaining remnants of switching drivers or that my monitor may be the problem, even though it ran on my 7790. 

Im so confused as I did put down a lot of money for the card and it hurts my eyes with all the black flashing and lines (even though I dont regret it, Go AMD!). 

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps and sorry for the block of text. Wanted to get as much information as possible as there have been similiar situations on the internet but none that have really helped.

03/02/2014 11:18 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Faulty card, RMA it.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

03/04/2014 12:25 AM

Author Icon
Ekrem
Peon

RMA it? Ive recently realised that I do in fact get checkerboard patterns, so it definitely is artifacting but along with the flashy black portions of the screen. One reason of artifacting is overclocking, which is factory overclocked but who knows.

What do you suggest? Im at a loss, ill try underclocking it to normal base clock and memory clock and see if that works.

Statistics
84898 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.