Topic Title: Driver version supporting FreeSync?
Topic Summary: Is there any driver out already supporting FreeSync?
Created On: 03/03/2014 06:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2014 06:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Carniflex
Peon

Do any of you know if the current AMD drivers support already FreeSync and if they do how can I enable/disable it? Or was the demo done on some internal driver version which is not part of the public driver yet?

I know it's supposed to work only with select laptop screens atm which support some fancy power saving feature and are driven over eDP. I have jury rigged some ipad 3 screens to work with my PC and would be interested to testing if I can see any difference. Granted the TCon in these is eDP 1.1a and I'm not quite sure if variable sync rate is supported on these but as I already have them then it would be worth a try if drivers already support it.

I presume it should be under CCC/Gaming/3D Application Settings/System Settings/Frame Rate Control if it's available ? If it is then my current version does not have it (13.12 is the current version for me) as I have only the usual four options of Always ON/OFF and ON/OFF unless application specifies.

03/06/2014 04:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Carniflex
Peon

As no one seemed to know the answer I filed in support ticket for that question. The answer is following: 

"Hello, ....,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[...]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

None of the drivers can support FreeSync for now, and sorry, we really don’t have the information for when it will be available to support, so can’t give you a certain answer, thanks a lot for your concern.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care"

Statistics
86477 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.