Topic Title: AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta - BSOD watching Flash Video
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2014 05:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/11/2014 07:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bono35
Peon

And based on which AMD Catalyst Release? 13.12?

As I have no application crashes to deal with after setting up the sytem  freshly I don't think that the random artifacts have something to do with that. But I made the settings and will see what happens.

03/11/2014 08:56 PM

Author Icon
gruia
Nerfed

told u, no artifacts with the MSI drivers (theres just 1)

just screen tears in case of OC or bad install.

Yeah, those tweaks were for Pool Bsods

03/11/2014 09:56 PM

Author Icon
Bono35
Peon

Strange problem:

I used 3D Gurus Driver Cleaner to remove the 14.2 driver. I tried to install the MSI driver - but the MSI package did NOT install the Display Driver. It only installed the CCC without driver. Seemed that the MSI package did NOT detect the card. Reinstalling 14.2 was no problem at this state as the package found the card.

Whats wrong with the MSI stuff? I mean not only the downloaded driver from MSI's webside did not install - the driver package on the bundeled DVD behaved the same way!!

03/12/2014 07:31 AM

Author Icon
gruia
Nerfed

I had no problems myself, but I'm on Win7 x64

using DDU

03/12/2014 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Bono35
Peon

Sad but true: This card was buging me so much that I decided, after 4 years of having AMD cards again, to switch back to Nvidia. I also took the GTX 750 TI (MSI Twin Frozor Edition) and all of the problems are gone.

I am a huge AMD fan as I am running a FX6300 in my main rig an an Llano APU in my Home Theater System as well as a Radeon 7750 in my wife's rig. But the R7 series, which would match my needs of a graphics card by far, is very disappointing regarding reliability. I hope that AMD turns it around with better drivers in the future. As long as the R7 Series and parts of the R9 Series seem to have some serious issues, I sadly have to stick to Nvidia.

The HD7000 Series was great. Reliable and with good driver support. Please AMD get back to this state. So I can only stick to your CPUs and youe APUs at the moment.

For you all suffering from the Catalyst problems: I hope AMD will release a better driver version as soon as possible.

Thank you for all your feedback. Great and helpful community here. Appreciate!

03/12/2014 09:24 AM

Author Icon
gruia
Nerfed

good decision mate. haha

meet you on the other side. 750ti is a beast, although it might need a bios edit. I'm waiting on mine aswel

god speed

03/12/2014 11:44 AM

Author Icon
Bono35
Peon

I have the 750 TI already and it works like charm - even if it was hard to change the chip-vendor. I hope AMD will fix the issues soon related to rhe r7 260X especially. 

03/18/2014 02:53 AM

Author Icon
amartincolby
Peon

Same problem here. Luckily, YouTube has the option for HTML5 video, which does not seem to crash my system. Vimeo is a death sentence, though.

-------------------------
AMD 4-evah.
 03/18/2014 10:13 PM

Author Icon
Sysnets
Peon

I also have the issue, i 100% sure not Chrome, not hardware problem, it is about the driver.

03/19/2014 08:58 PM

Author Icon
BEBlair
Peon

I am very sorry you guys are having these problems. I was wanting to buy the new R7 260x , I love the price per performence it offers. $139 is fair, But the driver issues do not seem worth the headache. It saddens me that company's no longer seem to care about customers anymore. The prices paid for GPU's you would think they would have the decency to atleast try to solve the issues. I used to have a 5850 that played well before I got my 650 Ti. I really loved the old 5850, I had it from 2009-2013, Lots of good years and gaming, So I know the AMD cards are reliable, But after I installed Windows 8, I noticed horrible driver issues. And eventually just gave up on it. I sold it I think for $60 and then got my current GTX 650 Ti 1GB for $98 after rebate. I would love to have the bit of extra power the 260x offers over the 650Ti plus the 2GB of ram would help for future games. But I just can't understand why AMD does not try to fix the issues, Nvidia does not care much for customers either, But they atleast fix driver issues and offer fixes, So I know AMD could do the same. Looks like I might have to pay the extra money for the 750 Ti, I hate to pay $159 for the 750 Ti That is priced way too high. But it almost seems worth the extra money to not have driver issues.     

-------------------------

Intel i5 3470
Mobo: Biostar TZ77A
Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600
GPU: HIS R9 270 iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock 2GB
PSU: Corsair CX600

03/21/2014 01:52 PM

Author Icon
jaju123
Peon

With my r9 290s in crossfire I have constant BSODs with hardware acceleration on any drivers. This includes flash and html5, as well as some desktop video players like MadVR. I hope this can be fixed, as with my current drivers my PC is not stable.

I even upgraded my PC from sandy bridge 2500k to a 4770k, and that didn't help whatsoever. I even RMA'd a card and it made no difference.

Please fix this AMD. This really sucks.

03/22/2014 03:57 PM

Author Icon
blo0dy_rusky
Peon

I am having this issue as well. The store return policy gives me 30 days to return this card. It's been a week and i've been pulling my hair with the stupid mouse pointer being huge bug and the black screen BSOD when watching videos. 

Not a good start if you ask me. If it's not fixed in a week, im going to return the card and get nvidia..

03/23/2014 04:22 PM

Author Icon
d34n
Peon

I would like to add that I, too, had issues with Flash crashing the graphics card drivers, though not blue-screening.

YouTube would reset the driver after a full blackout screen, with the video I was trying to play being greened out with audio still playing, unless I manually skipped to a certain time where it would return, yet not allow full screen playback.

Bear in mid there has been a recent Flash update and Adobe doesn't exactly have the best record despite being relied upon due to have a virtual monopoly on some, now, industry standard grpahics manipulation software. [I never even used their PDF reader crap and, instead, always used a more immediate, less resource hungry, alternative]

This was with the latest 14.2 beta, among other issues trying to completely install it.

With the previous 14.2 beta I got the usual BSoDs as soon as all desktop components had loaded.

I didn't get any issue with 13.2 WHQL drivers, though trying to roll back fully seems to have issues - even with the use of specific tools.

03/24/2014 03:52 PM

Author Icon
Kapitan83
Peon

I was having almost the eexact same problems as Bono35 with 14.2, as posted eralier. I now have tried 14.3 and since then I didn't have any problems at all. No freezes, no BSOD, nothing. The update helped me somehow. I did a clean install by the way. Uninstalled the driver with Catalyst Install Manager and Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, just to be sure. Then installed 14.3 and everything seems to be fine now.

Statistics
88774 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.