Topic Title: Catlyst Driver install problem. Radeon card overheating at boot. NEED HELP!
Topic Summary: My graphics card is overheating everytime I boot.
Created On: 03/14/2014 03:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/14/2014 03:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FCR83
Peon

My graphics card is overheating everytime I boot. How this started was I started playing Wolrd of Warcraft and i would notice that I heard my GPU reving up notch after notch. Every 5-10 seconds, reving further. And my fps would go from 90 to 24, then eventually screen would go black and I'd have to reboot.

So I looked up support for the game and it was sugested that I use Driver Fusion to clean drivers and install new ones. And this was not happening with any other games btw. So I got Driver Fusion and I wiped drivers clean, as instructed by Blizzards support, and when I went to install new catalyst drivers, screen goes black, then computer needs to manually be rebooted.

Well, now the issue is, every time I now turn on the computer, it starts reving up, just like in WoW. And it keeps reving up until the screen goes black. I cant even get into windows to install new drivers. I have taken out the card, and put back in. Every time I want to try to fix it, I have to give it 10-20 mintues for things to cool down. I need help with this.

So summary: WoW was having hardware problems, caused by software. I followed Blizzards instructions to fix software. new operating system is having same problems even not playing WoW.

EDIT: this happened with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 as well. Dust? Faulty fan? But why at system start does it rev up?

Edited: 03/14/2014 at 03:33 PM by FCR83
Statistics
86433 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.