Topic Title: Issue with HD 6950 Installation Process.
Topic Summary: Technical Issue
Created On: 03/16/2014 02:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/16/2014 02:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
StinkChop
Peon

Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

CPU: Wolfdale Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16Ghz)

RAM: 8GB DDR2 Patriot Viper Series

PSU: Corsair 650W

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Bios is current and up to date)

Issue Details: Hey guys, I hope one of you will be able to help me on this issue.... Here it is.. My PC was working perfectly fine this morning untill I expirienced a bout of BSODs. Did some digging around on my computer and found out it was due to my graphics card. So I reseated my GPU and RAM booted up BAM same issue. I uninstalled all AMD Driver Software (also ran DDU). When I go to install the current driver version for my gpu everything installs EXCEPT for the Display and HDMI audio output drivers.. I have done everthing under the sun to TRY to fix this been on forms for 4 hours now and still nothing... I really dont want to have to do a full OS Reload. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

03/16/2014 02:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
StinkChop
Peon

I do want to add that I have also disabled my Webroot security while I have done this as well. Also tried even going the microsoft driver route then upgrading to AMD driver still isnt working... Microsoft Update wont even install THEIR version of the driver either. Also have ran  SFC /scannow  AND Chkdsk

Statistics
86368 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.