Topic Title: Cant get 13.1 Display drivers to install
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/18/2014 10:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2014 10:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

So anyone want to save me a shitload of time searching and reading through tons of crap to find the real problem?

Uninstalled framework 4.51 and installed the 4.0 from the amd driver link.

Tried also with and without 3.51 framework enabled...

when installing 12.1 it installs everything but ccc refuses to open, only get an error message and games dont work.

Also got the: yellow triangle when trying to install it:

"Current version not installed:

Amd CIM instillation package"

Heres the error log from when installing 13.1:

Installation complete warning errors occured during install:

"<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Report.xml.xsl"?>
<monetreport xmlnst="urn:schemas-microsoft-comatatypes">
  <general>
    <cmdline>-UI </cmdline>
    <time>03/18/14 14:59:28</time>
    <action>install</action>
    <download></download>
  </general>
  <dcm>
    <primary>
     <name>AMD Radeon Graphics Processor</name>
     <manufacture>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</manufacture>
     <chiptype></chiptype>
     <chipid>0x68b8</chipid>
     <vendorid>0x1002</vendorid>
     <ssid>0x2543</ssid>
     <ssvid>0x1002</ssvid>
     <classcode>0x030000</classcode>
     <revisionid>0x00</revisionid>
    </primary>
    <device>
     <name></name>
     <manufacture>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</manufacture>
     <chiptype></chiptype>
     <chipid>0xaa58</chipid>
     <vendorid>0x1002</vendorid>
     <ssid>0xaa58</ssid>
     <ssvid>0x1002</ssvid>
     <classcode>0x040300</classcode>
     <revisionid>0x00</revisionid>
    </device>
  </dcm>
  <exist>
<package>
 <description>AMD Catalyst Install Manager</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>8.0.903.0</version>
 <size>20 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>AMD APP SDK Runtime</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>10.0.1084.4</version>
 <size>90 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>HDMI Audio Driver</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>7.12.0.7712</version>
 <size>1 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>10.0.30319</version>
 <size>9 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>12.5.100.21219</version>
 <size>3 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>AMD Media Foundation Transcoders</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>1.0.71219.1540</version>
 <size>1 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>Catalyst Control Center</description>
 <result></result>
 <version>2012.1219.1521.27485</version>
 <size>150 </size>
</package>
  </exist>
  <install>
<package>
 <description>AMD Catalyst Install Manager</description>
 <result>Succeed</result>
 <version>8.0.903.0</version>
 <size>20 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>AMD Display Driver</description>
 <result>Fail</result>
 <version>9.012.0.0000</version>
 <size>90 </size>
</package>
<package>
 <description>HDMI Audio Driver</description>
 <result>Succeed</result>
 <version>7.12.0.7712</version>
 <size>1 </size>
</package>
  </install>
  <uninstall>
  </uninstall>
  <downloaded>
  </downloaded>
  <resource>
    <hwinfo>Hardware information</hwinfo>
    <existpkg>Existing packages</existpkg>
    <pkg2inst>Packages for install</pkg2inst>
    <pkg2uninst>Packages for uninstall</pkg2uninst>
    <otherdev>Other detected devices</otherdev>
    <errmsg>Error messages</errmsg>
    <name>Name</name>
    <manufacture>Manufacturer</manufacture>
    <chiptype>Chip type</chiptype>
    <chipid>Device ID</chipid>
    <otherhw>Other hardware</otherhw>
    <download>Download packages</download>
    <succeed>Success</succeed>
    <fail>Fail</fail>
    <vendorid>Vendor ID</vendorid>
    <classcode>Class Code</classcode>
    <revisionid>Revision ID</revisionid>
    <ssid>Subsystem ID</ssid>
    <ssvid>Subsystem vendor ID</ssvid>
    <header1>Catalyst™ Install Manager</header1>
    <header2>Installation Report</header2>
    <finalstatus>Final Status:</finalstatus>
    <versionofitem>Version of Item:</versionofitem>
    <size>Size:</size>
    <bytes>Mbytes</bytes>
  </resource>
  <error><msg>Driver Install: the installation failed</msg></error></monetreport>"

03/18/2014 10:09 AM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Im using win 7 ultimate 64-bit and its a 5770 1gb.

03/18/2014 11:16 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Check out the thread near the top of the list, called "read before posting". It'll save us time if we don't have to question everything one by one...

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

03/18/2014 11:39 AM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

I take it nobody knows then.

Its obvious that 13.1 and 13.12 ATI drivers have different requirements and it would be easier if we were just told these.

Im pretty sure this is a generic problem that happens to many people and its not linked to anything other than win 7\with updates, framework xxversions, win redistribtution packages and gpu\ati drivers.

03/18/2014 12:22 PM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Update:

I installed ATI 13.12 drivers, uninstalled only the Display Driver and tried to install the 13.4 display driver; got bsod, upon rebot bsod every time.

Had to boot in safemode and uninstall the display driver through device manager...

When uninstalling full ATI ccc 13.12 drivers and trying to install 13.1 drivers, it installs everything except the Display Driver...which gets the error with the following log in the first post..

Why are the 12.10, 13.1, 13.4 Display Drivers not compatible with the win 7 system that is 13.12 drivers compatible...

Obiviously these older drivers worked a year ago+\- as Ive had this system and those drivers installed before...though now I cant install them and I bet this happens to most win 7 users..

03/19/2014 05:47 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: AMDisPC I take it nobody knows then.

No, it means we are lazy playing an xml reader. And we are right.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

03/21/2014 06:22 PM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee

No, it means you dont know whats the issue and is hoping for some Hardware incompatible scapegoat to blame it on. That or u actually know what the issue is but dont want to tell it and are hoping for some hardware incompatible scapegoat to blame it on.

Its like the recruit scene from fight club..dude got a short pc, its cos his pc is too short. Dude got a tall pc, its cos his pc is too tall...and SO on.

Obviously my issue is either a netframework or win update incompatible problem or a registry key issue.

03/21/2014 07:06 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: AMDisPC

No, it means you dont know whats the issue and is hoping for some Hardware incompatible scapegoat to blame it on. That or u actually know what the issue is but dont want to tell it and are hoping for some hardware incompatible scapegoat to blame it on.

Its like the recruit scene from fight club..dude got a short pc, its cos his pc is too short. Dude got a tall pc, its cos his pc is too tall...and SO on.

Obviously my issue is either a netframework or win update incompatible problem or a registry key issue.

You were asked to furnish the information asked for in "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" so someone could get a idea of your problem. You chose not to do that. So go pound sand.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/22/2014 02:26 AM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped
Originally posted by: AMDisPC

You were asked to furnish the information asked for in "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" so someone could get a idea of your problem. You chose not to do that. So go pound sand.

Admit it. you dont know the issue.

You would only give me some generic bs answer based on the "read before posting info" Id give u..

Ive installed these drivers earlier on this pc without a problem. Now I cant...its not hardware related and if I was to reinstall my win 7 it would probably let me install the drivers again. Though I cant as I do not have a hd partion I can reformat.

Again its win 7\.net framework\registry key related. For some reason everything is overly complicated with ATI drivers and problems surrounding ATI driver downgrades, especially if u do it several times.

All I need to know is whats required for 12.10,13.4,13.1 drivers to be installed on win 7 so I can fix my problem.

03/24/2014 02:35 AM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Update:

6 days later with ZERO help from ATI I fixed it.

It appears that ATI does not allow you to uninstall everything, aka its just partially uninstalled, thus welcome backward compatibility issues.

Solution:

I used this to uninstall ALL from the ATI display drivers and no more BSOD`s when trying to install the older drivers.:

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

You reboot into safemode, run the app, reboot, then I got a: Can not initialize ATIPDLXX Library and I found another ATI driver trying to install itself, uninstalled it through Device Manager, rebooted; No error messages etc and I could now install the older ATI drivers with no problems.

The worlds easiest fix, yet ATI could not help and it took 6 days of me searching...

Obviously ATI knows that the uninstall does not uninstall everything and leaves various ATI ***** on the system...which would be the first thing to suggest to remove if someone was to get an error like this; aka newest driver works, older drivers does not work.

03/24/2014 06:05 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

ATI is dead. Probably you didn't pay enough for the psychic and they didn't make the seance right, that's why you didn't get an answer.... Or because you didn't provide information...

Good thing you invented what people talk about in other threads. Looks like not only providing information is hard for you, also the ability to read and use search is problematic as well.

03/24/2014 12:17 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

The procedures we have repeatedly discussed ad nauseum would have saved you much time and frustration.

Non-noob components.

03/24/2014 12:53 PM

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

"So anyone want to save me a shitload of time searching and reading through tons of crap to find the real problem"?

I think you explained yourself here. ^

You didnt read thru "All" the responses. Why not post what was requested?

"All I need to know is whats required for 12.10,13.4,13.1 drivers to be installed on win 7 so I can fix my problem".

All you need is windows 7 and some basic knowledge to install the drivers.

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

03/25/2014 12:12 AM

Author Icon
AMDisPC
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee ATI is dead. Probably you didn't pay enough for the psychic and they didn't make the seance right, that's why you didn't get an answer.... Or because you didn't provide information...

Good thing you invented what people talk about in other threads. Looks like not only providing information is hard for you, also the ability to read and use search is problematic as well.

Quote from the dear Eydee:
"Driver cleaner deleted an important system file (that inf file). Reinstall your OS and don't use tools like that."

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=172433&highlight_key=y

And please do tell me what information I did not supply that would let u give me the correct answer....

Originally posted by: UcouldBrong The procedures we have repeatedly discussed ad nauseum would have saved you much time and frustration.

If its so easy, then why is it not in the FAQ.....and why was it not suggested prior of me figuring it out.

Originally posted by: Fishman "So anyone want to save me a shitload of time searching and reading through tons of crap to find the real problem"?

I think you explained yourself here. ^

You didnt read thru "All" the responses. Why not post what was requested?

"All I need to know is whats required for 12.10,13.4,13.1 drivers to be installed on win 7 so I can fix my problem".

All you need is windows 7 and some basic knowledge to install the drivers.

No, all I needed to know was that AMD`s ATI drivers do not get fully uninstalled when using the ATI uninstaller which thus can create problems when downgrading drivers...very basic knowledge that should be available and the first thing to be suggested.

Statistics
85354 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.