Topic Title: Delayed HDMI Sound
Topic Summary: It takes a second for sound to come from the speakers
Created On: 03/23/2014 05:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/23/2014 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Swiss3000
Peon

I've been dealing with this delayed sound issue for a while now but it is very annoying.  Any sound generated form the PC has to 'wake up' the HDMI connection it seems, so the first second no sound comes out of the speakers and then the volume increases and the sound produces normally.

I use the HDMI connection exclusively to drive the monitor and its build-in speakers.  It also happens when the monitor is on already, so it's not the monitor going to sleep, but just the speakers.

Here the specs of my system:

- Win 8 Pro 64-bit with all patches (not 8.1)

- Catalyst Driver 13.12

- Asus EAH5770 add-in card

This issue started after a driver or windows update - I cannot recall exactly.  I since had updated to Win 8.1 (mistake), then clean installed Win8 again, and the problem persists.

Searched high and low for sleep or power settings, but found nothing that would affect this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds,

Yves

03/23/2014 05:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

I cannot help with the delay issue, but I can tell what I'd do:

1. Get a cable with a jack on both ends.

2. Put one end into the monitor line-in.

3. Put the other end into the sound card line-out.

4. Use the sound card.

There is simply no reason to use HDMI audio in this case. You should even switch to DVI, which is more problem-free, if your monitor supports it.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
85287 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.