Topic Title: Driver failure BSoD Help
Topic Summary: Cannot find the source of this driver failure!
Created On: 04/03/2014 07:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/03/2014 07:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Majora
Peon

I have the biggest headache. I was encountering crash errors last week after reinstalling my gpu, and I had to reinstall windows because of a registery error. So I reinstalled windows, installed the newest drivers for my card, disabled the old built in gpu through the device manager (uninstalling it just prompts an automatic reinstallation upon boot) and played D3 hastle free. Then, as of yesterday, I started getting blue screened.

The first blue screen started yesterday. I was playing D3 for a couple hours when the screen when black. Everything minimized to the desktop, went full screen black, and then I got the blue screen.  I turned my computer off, let it "rest" for a while, and then logged back on. After playing for a couple more hours it happened again!

I did some research on the net to find out what the cause might be, and made sure to run src /scannow (as admin) to find no problems. Then I checked my mouse and keyboard drivers.

Finally (today) I opened up the game, lowered ALL of the graphics settings and switched to windowed mode. After a couple hours of playing it crashed again, but instead of going to the Bluescreen immediately, my system went to the desktop and displayed the message "the driver software has crashed but recovered". It displayed this repeatedly after switching to a black screen and then finally crashed to the BSoD.

I'm at a loss here. I've double checked all of my drivers to make sure they are up to date and triple checked the device manager and various devices. I'm at a loss here!

My system specs are:

GPU: Asus AMD HD 7750

Processor: AMD Phenom 2 X4 810 Quad Core

Memory: 8GB DDR2

The Blue screen info I tried to grab but closed (including after boot up) before I could read everything but it was a 1033 BCCode: 116.

Also interesting to note (though it may not mean anything), when I ran AMD auto detect and install it said that the card name was "0x1002-0x9619 PCI 0x1002-0x683F PCIE"

04/03/2014 08:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Majora
Peon

Just a little update, I ran a temp tool while on regular desktop and during gameplay to check my temps for useful information.

At stand alone desktop the temp for the gpu and comp run at 38 degress celc. During gameplay, the temp can jump up to 50 degrees depending on whats going on on the screen (creature count, spells, etc.). 

Finally, an audible buzzing/hissing can be heard from my tower whenever the game is active. It doesn't make it during cutscenes or on desktop, but during gameplay the sound is pretty audible from 2 feet away. I was told that this could simply be the bearings keeping the fan attached to the card, but that information could have been wrong.

Statistics
84698 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.