Topic Title: Beta drivers disrupt Windows 7 from booting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/17/2014 11:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2014 11:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Underrated_user
Peon

Hello out there.

First, i want to say sorry, if my topic should fit with another one. But i hadnt the time to watch.

My computer was equiped with a FX 6100 sixcore CPU, a Gigybyte Motherboard and a Radeon HD 7770 OC, when i bought it.

All drivers were running smoothly on it, even the Beta drivers, nothing happend, no problems.

I changed something yesterday: I replaced the old PSU with a be quiet! Pure Power 630 and a new video card, a Sapphire R9 270X Vapor X.

The 13.12 drivers from december are running smoothly in all games, except BF3....

Then i tried to test it with the Beta drivers, because i want to test Mantle in BF4. It helped me alot with my old card.

Installed the Betas, and boom, Windows wont boot anymore. I tried installing the Betas over the normal ones, tried deinstalling the old and cleanly installed the Betas, no way.

When i recover my system with the last recovery point, everythiung is going smoothly again.

Where is the fault? Is it sitting in front of the computer or is it really a driver issue?

And sorry for my bad english, i`m from germany. lol

Best regards from good old germany,

Emanuel.

04/19/2014 03:40 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

Check boot priority in BIOS.

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

04/20/2014 04:14 PM

Author Icon
vladcepesh
Peon

Originally posted by: Most_underrated_username_ever Hello out there.

First, i want to say sorry, if my topic should fit with another one. But i hadnt the time to watch.

My computer was equiped with a FX 6100 sixcore CPU, a Gigybyte Motherboard and a Radeon HD 7770 OC, when i bought it.

All drivers were running smoothly on it, even the Beta drivers, nothing happend, no problems.

I changed something yesterday: I replaced the old PSU with a be quiet! Pure Power 630 and a new video card, a Sapphire R9 270X Vapor X.

The 13.12 drivers from december are running smoothly in all games, except BF3....

Then i tried to test it with the Beta drivers, because i want to test Mantle in BF4. It helped me alot with my old card.

Installed the Betas, and boom, Windows wont boot anymore. I tried installing the Betas over the normal ones, tried deinstalling the old and cleanly installed the Betas, no way.

When i recover my system with the last recovery point, everythiung is going smoothly again.

Where is the fault? Is it sitting in front of the computer or is it really a driver issue?

And sorry for my bad english, i`m from germany. lol

Best regards from good old germany,

Emanuel.

Problem is AMD SATA AHCI Driver 1.2.001.0359 

if can not boot change in bios AHCI to IDE or 

customize install amd catalyst without 

AMD SATA AHCI Driver 1.2.001.0359 

04/20/2014 05:26 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Probably true, and always use SATA drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. If you install the AMD version, it is user error. It's like installing the ask toolbar on purpose...

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/22/2014 08:45 AM

Author Icon
Underrated_user
Peon

If thats the case, why did it work with my older graphics card?

Statistics
84268 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.