Topic Title: Custom screen resolutions appear in CC helpfiles, but not in the Control centre...
Topic Summary: How do I create a custom resolution when it is described in helpfiles but is non-existent in the Catalyst driver centre.
Created On: 04/19/2014 08:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2014 08:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GDavid
Peon

How do I create a custom resolution when it is described in helpfiles but is non-existent in the Catalyst driver centre.

Currently running 13.1

-------------------------

AMD noob again...

04/20/2014 08:00 PM

Author Icon
GDavid
Peon

I am so annoyed by CCC, buttons do not work, discard settings do not work. Support is non-existent, forums fail to help and are probably the most clunky I have encountered in years.

I tried to use my extended desktop as an "Eyefinity" setup today, only to find that it took the smaller resolution monitor as the main so now I have my main screen 2560x1600 (playing nicely yesterday) displaying at 1600x1200, and my Dell (physically rotated for 1200x1600 Portrait) showing Lanscape @ native res.

The discard button for Eyefinity DOES NOT WORK!

The software does not recognise my 2560x1600 panel nor is there any provision for helping the system "see" this monitor by creating an entry for it's recognition.

The html helpfiles in the CCC show how to create custom resolutions with descriptive diagrams of features which do not exist!

No wonder there are so many NVidia fanboys. I am loving the hardware R9 280x (7970 rebadge), but the Catalyst software is not very good (no, I coudn't write better, but that's not the point being a user.)

AMD noob again...

04/21/2014 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You know, you just make a fool out of yourself by making more and more posts about you not being able to read. When you signed up, you were supposed to read the terms and condiotions which clearly state that this is a user-to-user forum.

Being a user-to-user forum, we are regular users just like you. We don't owe you answering your thread and we can view it as many times as we want as this is a public forum, if you haven't noticed.

You have no idea why people don't answer, so don't make stupid assumptions. Let's see, if you pay me to travel to my other computer which has the current CCC installed, I'll gladly check out your issue. Until then, keep silent, stop bumping your thread and try to behave as if you were more than 5.

One more indicator of you not being able to read or search is that you also completely missed the link called "contact AMD" on the botton of each page. You also failed to read the sticky threads which provide you all the information you need.

So... What are we talking about? Being nince instead of demanding and expecting things never hurts.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/21/2014 08:38 PM

Author Icon
GDavid
Peon

Chastise accepted, posts deleted accordingly. My frustrations got the better of me, I a*****gise. (why would a*****gy be wilded?) Having just come back to team red, everything is new again.

Unsure of where to search. I have found no answers to my custom resolution wants through google, just descriptions of older versions of the software and loads of NVidia articles.

As embarrasing as it is to be the recipient of such a post as yours, at least there was the assertion the sticky threads "will provide you all the information you need."

Thanks

AMD noob again...

Edited: 04/22/2014 at 09:10 PM by GDavid
Statistics
84289 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.