Topic Title: 14.4 driver BSOD either during installation. Or every shutdown after "sucessfull" installation.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/26/2014 03:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2014 01:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Korpah
Peon

so what is the fix for this stupid issue? yesterday after 4 hours i reinstalled 13.12 again with no problems but now i start my pc and again bsod on start

now again restoring going to instal 13.12 again. what is a good solution? i know with drivermax and install the drivers but then i don't got CCC to control my setup

05/02/2014 06:25 PM

Author Icon
SilverCloud
Peon

The fix for me ended up being drivermax. I am seeing lots of reports of this issue and Drivermax has generally fixed it for everyone that I have recommended it for. I have been seeing people having this issue even on brand new clean windows installs. 

With drivermax you will get CCC if you use it while 13.12 is installed on your system. It will then show 14.4.

I  have however noticed that using Mantle crashes whatever application I attempt to run it with. I tried Thief with only 1 GPU enabled and it load only to a black screen with sound, Starswarm crashes anytime you initate it with Mantle, and BF4 crashes when I enable Mantle. Not sure the cause of this. 

05/02/2014 07:33 PM

Author Icon
lglidden
Peon

Originally posted by: SilverCloud The fix for me ended up being drivermax. I am seeing lots of reports of this issue and Drivermax has generally fixed it for everyone that I have recommended it for. I have been seeing people having this issue even on brand new clean windows installs. 

With drivermax you will get CCC if you use it while 13.12 is installed on your system. It will then show 14.4.

I  have however noticed that using Mantle crashes whatever application I attempt to run it with. I tried Thief with only 1 GPU enabled and it load only to a black screen with sound, Starswarm crashes anytime you initate it with Mantle, and BF4 crashes when I enable Mantle. Not sure the cause of this. 

Silvercloud I used the driver max fix for my system also.  catalyst driver 14.4 installed perfectly and I still have ccc.  I was curious about your issue with mantle so I ran the star swarm test for myself to see if I too would have an issue running Mantle (currently have no mantle optimized games though).  Star swarm ran perfectly fine on my system.  I also ran the directx version to see if I had any performance gain from mantle.  The increased performance was pretty huge (Mantle 36.09 Avg. fps total frames 12992.  Directx 21.86 Avg. fps total frames 7874) so mantle must be working on my system.  The reason for my comment was to let you know that it wasn't driver max that caused your problem.  I don't know if this will help you troubleshoot your issue or not but I thought it might.  Good luck.

== Hardware Configuration =================================

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

CPU: AuthenticAMD

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor           

Physical Cores: 4

Logical Cores: 8

Physical Memory: 8544194560

Allocatable Memory: 140737488224256

===========================================================

== Configuration ==========================================

API: Mantle

Scenario: ScenarioFollow.csv

User Input: Disabled

Resolution: 1920x1080

Fullscreen: True

GameCore Update: 16.6 ms

Bloom Quality: High

PointLight Quality: High

ToneCurve Quality: High

Glare Overdraw: 16

Shading Samples: 64

Shade Quality: Mid

Deferred Contexts: Disabled

Temporal AA Duration: 16

Temporal AA Time Slice: 2

Detailed Frame Info: Off

== Results ================================================

Test Duration: 360 Seconds

Total Frames: 12992

Average FPS: 36.09

Average Unit Count: 3973

Maximum Unit Count: 5351

Average Batches/MS: 529.84

Maximum Batches/MS: 4176.56

Average Batch Count: 18988

Maximum Batch Count: 125279

05/03/2014 02:43 PM

Author Icon
SilverCloud
Peon

Originally posted by: lglidden
Originally posted by: SilverCloud The fix for me ended up being drivermax. I am seeing lots of reports of this issue and Drivermax has generally fixed it for everyone that I have recommended it for. I have been seeing people having this issue even on brand new clean windows installs. 

Silvercloud I used the driver max fix for my system also.  catalyst driver 14.4 installed perfectly and I still have ccc.  I was curious about your issue with mantle so I ran the star swarm test for myself to see if I too would have an issue running Mantle (currently have no mantle optimized games though).  Star swarm ran perfectly fine on my system.  I also ran the directx version to see if I had any performance gain from mantle.  The increased performance was pretty huge (Mantle 36.09 Avg. fps total frames 12992.  Directx 21.86 Avg. fps total frames 7874) so mantle must be working on my system.  The reason for my comment was to let you know that it wasn't driver max that caused your problem.  I don't know if this will help you troubleshoot your issue or not but I thought it might.  Good luck.

== Hardware Configuration =================================

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

CPU: AuthenticAMD

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor           

Physical Cores: 4

Logical Cores: 8

Physical Memory: 8544194560

Allocatable Memory: 140737488224256

== Configuration ==========================================

API: Mantle

Scenario: ScenarioFollow.csv

User Input: Disabled

Resolution: 1920x1080

Fullscreen: True

GameCore Update: 16.6 ms

Bloom Quality: High

PointLight Quality: High

ToneCurve Quality: High

Glare Overdraw: 16

Shading Samples: 64

Shade Quality: Mid

Deferred Contexts: Disabled

Temporal AA Duration: 16

Temporal AA Time Slice: 2

Detailed Frame Info: Off

== Results ================================================

Test Duration: 360 Seconds

Total Frames: 12992

Average FPS: 36.09

Average Unit Count: 3973

Maximum Unit Count: 5351

Average Batches/MS: 529.84

Maximum Batches/MS: 4176.56

Average Batch Count: 18988

Maximum Batch Count: 125279

Ok thanks, glad to know it's not drivermax. I actually am able to get Mantle to work in BF4 now, it's just thief and Starswarm that I can't get to load. I probably just need to re-install Star Swarm anyways. Thief has lots of problems with Mantle as it is for a lot of people so I am not to worried about it. 

Statistics
88967 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.