Topic Title: Tv (HDMI) becomes recognized as DVI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/01/2014 09:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/01/2014 09:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zaphman
Peon

I run multiple displays - actually 3 in Eyefinity , via the card's DFP outputs and 2 active DFP-DVI adapters to the two of the screens and a single direct DFP cable (monitors do have DFP inputs, but for some other reason, screens blacksout occasionaly when using DFP only). Sometimes I want to attach/enable a forth output - my HDMI Tv (actually I connect it to my  Onkyo receiver).

When disabling my monitors, removing cables and all, and only use my Tv - everything works. The Tv is identified as DTV, HDMI in CCC - and audio is no problem. Now, starting attaching my other monitors, one by one, all works untill I plug in the forth monitor! So, there is no problem up the three attached monitors. The forth gives me headache - the Tv becomes recognized as DVI (and of course disables HDMI audio output).  No Eyefinity, just Extending. 

Off course there are more permutations to test, but it takes time :-/ Well driver or hardware problem is the question? (Or limitation?)

GFX: Asux Radeon 6970 OC CUII
HDMI Device: Onkyo TX-NR709

05/01/2014 05:23 PM

Author Icon
impissed
Peon

Because I cannot find anywhere how to post and there is nowhere I can click to post a topic, therefore I am forced to just randomly reply somewhere, maybe it will be reported to appropriate mod or whatever

First of all I'm here not because I want to, but because I'm forced to!

I am EXTREMELY angry and I am basicaly steaming right now.

I use an AMD motherboard in a business enviroment and I DON'T appreciate you wasting my time by forcing me to look for [contact us] which ultimately lead me to these forums. Clearly gaming at work is neither priority nor desired!

All I wanted to do was to update video drivers and after restart I get a nag WELCOME TO AMD GAMING EVOLVED, guess what... I DON'T GIVE A F..K about that!!!!!!! I want that nag gone!!!!!!!!!! And you just made it impossible to do it, because I can't find it!!! And even if it's extremly easy to find it, I DON'T HAVE TIME I'm AT WORK!!!!!!!!!

On top of that the nag says: "by clicking get started you accept..." blah blah, funny thing I don't want to accept, and there is NOWHERE to DECLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You as....les, mo....uckers!!!!!!!

Guess what, ban me, don't answer me, I don't care, because ultimately I don't care to be here, so if you don't answer me here, I PROMISE you I'll find that phone number to your tech support and I'm not gonna be pleasant to that "poor soul"

YOUR MOVE!!

05/01/2014 07:55 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: impissed Because I cannot find anywhere how to post and there is nowhere I can click to post a topic, therefore I am forced to just randomly reply somewhere, maybe it will be reported to appropriate mod or whatever

First of all I'm here not because I want to, but because I'm forced to!

I am EXTREMELY angry and I am basicaly steaming right now.

I use an AMD motherboard in a business enviroment and I DON'T appreciate you wasting my time by forcing me to look for [contact us] which ultimately lead me to these forums. Clearly gaming at work is neither priority nor desired!

All I wanted to do was to update video drivers and after restart I get a nag WELCOME TO AMD GAMING EVOLVED, guess what... I DON'T GIVE A F..K about that!!!!!!! I want that nag gone!!!!!!!!!! And you just made it impossible to do it, because I can't find it!!! And even if it's extremly easy to find it, I DON'T HAVE TIME I'm AT WORK!!!!!!!!!

On top of that the nag says: "by clicking get started you accept..." blah blah, funny thing I don't want to accept, and there is NOWHERE to DECLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You as....les, mo....uckers!!!!!!!

Guess what, ban me, don't answer me, I don't care, because ultimately I don't care to be here, so if you don't answer me here, I PROMISE you I'll find that phone number to your tech support and I'm not gonna be pleasant to that "poor soul"

YOUR MOVE!!

Stupidity is not a force. We are users just like you, you have no right to talk to us like this, Now get the hell out of here and go f... yourself, please.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

05/02/2014 03:55 AM

Author Icon
zaphman
Peon

Bumping myself....

Btw, I'm using the supplied (AMD) DVI-to-HDMI adapter. I read from http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?85375-AMD-Intentionally-Crippled-Their-HDMI-Adapters/page2 that there is some kind of negotiation with the adapter...  from my perspetcive it looks like this negoiation is missbehaving when I attach the forth monitor....  must be a driver issue isgust;

Statistics
88919 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.